Phoenix RV Park - Salem OR

What's Your Favorite Campground? Need Information on Fuel Prices, Campground Ratings, Campgrounds available in the area you are traveling??? This is the place to look!!

Moderator: Olbird

jtaylor1920

Phoenix RV Park - Salem OR

Post by jtaylor1920 »

Stayed at the Phoenix RV Park in October 2015.

Overall impression the park is very clean and well maintained. Nice grass areas at each spot and level concrete pads as well as paved roads throughout the park. The park is a couple of miles off I5 and is right in the middle of a neighborhood and shopping area. There is a grocery store within walking distance so it would be easy to resupply here. I consider this more of a stop over option and wouldn't recommend it as a place to spend a chunk of your trip. There are quite a few residents here but everyone has been very friendly and I suspect they have a few rules in place as we didn't see any rigs that were in poor shape or messy spots.

If you are in need of quick stop over in the Salem area this would work but you might also consider Premier RV Resort as another option. A bit further off of I5 but it feels like your out of the hustle and bustle of town.
dfredendall
Council, Moderator
Cardinal Owners: 2018 Cardinal 3350RLX- Luxury Edition

Re: Phoenix RV Park - Salem OR

Post by dfredendall »

Nice to know. Premier has a park on the east side of I-5 north of Eugene. It looks nice too. What did you think of the furniture store in Junction City?
Dana & Cindy Fredendall
Highland, California
2018 3350RLX- Luxury Edition
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7 Diesel
There are great experiences and new friends everywhere we go!
jtaylor1920

Post by jtaylor1920 »

dfredendall wrote:Nice to know. Premier has a park on the east side of I-5 north of Eugene. It looks nice too. What did you think of the furniture store in Junction City?
We never made it down to Junction City. The store closes at 2pm on Saturday's and by the time we realized that we were going to have to push it to get there so we decided to make the trip another time.
dfredendall
Council, Moderator

Post by dfredendall »

OK. Good excuse for a road trip! :d
Dana & Cindy Fredendall
Highland, California
Mike Clay
Council, Administrator
Cardinal Owners: 2016 3850RL Estate
Skype ID: Mike-Clay

Post by Mike Clay »

If you want a great stop over park in that area stay at Hee Hee Illahee RV Resort on the south end of Salem is a great park. Premier is a nice park on the west side of Salem but I can't get in there anymore with a long trailer and the placement of their light polls. Premier in Junction City to me is not that great of a park and very noisy.
Mike, Susanna & Rudy
2016 3850RL Estate "Proto Grigio"
2019 Silverado 3500HD Dually D/A 4x4 LTZ
My dreams are too big for my wallet
Rallies attended - 32

Nights camping in 2013:159 2014:269 2015:Full Timers
dfredendall
Council, Moderator

Post by dfredendall »

Good to know. The one near Eugene is right on the freeway. It would have lots of traffic noise.
Dana & Cindy Fredendall
Highland, California
snoking

Post by snoking »

dfredendall wrote:Good to know. The one near Eugene is right on the freeway. It would have lots of traffic noise.
My wife refuses to stay there a second time. Same with the park next to the freeway in Grants Pass(Jack's Landing). We have found that we like Tri Cities RV Park in Myrtle Creek, for an one night stand in Oregon while traveling through. Passport American is 14 bucks.

Chris
snoking

Post by snoking »

We stayed at Phoenix RV Park when it was a Camp Club USA discount park. We found it farther from I-5 than we preferred for passing thru. It was clean and the grocery store was next door.

We have also stayed at Pheasant Ridge RV South of Portland 6 or 7 years ago, which was very tight getting into and out of with our 29'er and std cab TV.

We have also made stops at Vancouver RV and 99 RV Park on the Washington side of the river.

Guess we need to slow down and smell the Oregon Roses once in a while. However we do that when on the coast.

Chris
Susanna Clay
Cardinal Owners: 2010 3150RL

Post by Susanna Clay »

Mike and I have stayed in quite a few RV parks in Oregon. There is a beautiful park in Bend, Oregon called Crown Villa, but it is a little spendy!! We also love Boardman's city RV park. Then there's Bend/Sisters Garden RV resort in Sisters, Oregon. Can't forget Winchester Bay and Canyonville (7 Feathers RV Park). We stay in Portland Fairview RV Park and it's well maintained and close to everything we need. There are others that we don't care to mention because they were only one night stays and decided not to stay there again.
Mike and Susanna Clay and Rudy
2016 3850RL Estate "Proto Grigio"
2016 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Dually