Creede Colorado

What's Your Favorite Campground? Need Information on Fuel Prices, Campground Ratings, Campgrounds available in the area you are traveling??? This is the place to look!!

Moderator: Olbird

watkinsk
Cardinal Owners: 2010 Cardinal 3150RL

Creede Colorado

Post by watkinsk »

I want to recommend a place where Sherry and I camped this past weekend. It is named Mountain View at Rivers Edge, located in Creede CO.
http://www.mountainviewsrv.com/
Price was $41/night for 30 amp and because it is so cool during the day you dont need much AC. 50 Amp costs $43/night.

The campground is definitely the nicest I have camped at in Colorado and I would put it on par with Canyonville OR only with nice weather...the temperature is usually in the mid 70s during the day and down to 40 at night (in the summer:)) . Half of the campground is what they call RV Resort, or lots that are sold for permanent camping by $500K Class A RVs!
The campground sits at about 8,800 feet on the southern Colorado mountains. It is relatively easy to get to by Colorado standards. Coming from the east there is La Veta Pass to cross (easy) but coming from the west you have to do either Wolf Creek or Monarch Pass. Coming in from the south, New Mexico, is a piece of cake.
The campground sits on the Rio Grande River and is very quiet. It is exceptionally well run and secure. It is CLEAN with large bathrooms and laundry facilities. The only really strange thing was dogs could not be on the grass but that turned out not to be a problem as the grass is generally behind the trailers and everybody walks their dogs throughout the campground. There is also a dog playground.
The lots are split between pull thrus and back-ins but the lots are HUGE…about 40 feet wide and about 60-80 feet long. We stayed in about the smallest back-in site and had no problems getting into the site and certainly did not feel cramped.
The only downside is that the campground does NOT have cable TV, however, the Wifi is exceptionally good.
Creede is an old mining town that is now an artsy town with a great theater for stage plays. The restaurants are plentiful but there are enough tourists that sometimes you need to wait for a table. There is plenty of fishing, ATVs can be rented easily and offroading is very available, including to Wheeler National Monument about 10 miles away. The scenery and mountains are some of the very best in Colorado.
About 50 miles west is Lake City…another mining tourist town and 20 miles south is South Fork where you can head west to Durango for the day (125 miles). The Great Sand Dunes National Park is about 95 miles to the east

Sherry and I liked the campground so much we actually talked about trying to spend a month there next summer. This is a beautiful campground that you will hate to leave.
r/ Keith & Sher
2021 Alliance 340RL
2010 Cardinal 3150RL
2022 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD LTZ, 4x4, SRW, Std Bed
"NEVER, NEVER, NEVER QUIT"...Winston Churchill