East Coast campgrounds/COE/State/Private

What's Your Favorite Campground? Need Information on Fuel Prices, Campground Ratings, Campgrounds available in the area you are traveling??? This is the place to look!!

Moderator: Olbird

lindab

East Coast campgrounds/COE/State/Private

Post by lindab »

We(Lindabud) plan on doing the East coast this summer or (longer).
We are open to all suggestions? We plan to do Jacksonville Fla. to Maine. Whew!! Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!
campswithcritters
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2005 34RLT
Skype ID: campswithcritters

Post by campswithcritters »

Hey Lindabud! Good to hear from you, guess you made that last 50 mi or so home safe since we saw you. We have done very little east coast travel, but while passing Savanah Georgia recommend a stop at The Lady & Sons restaurant (Paula Deen's Place). They had great food and was a fun stop. It's downtown so leave the rig outside of town, they have a website al about it just do a search on the lady and sons. Enjoy!
Bruce & Sharon Full-time since Nov 06
Boogie, & Jack ("the critters")
R & D

Post by R & D »

Hi there....
I wanted to ad my .2.....Cape May, NJ.....you HAVE to stop there. Beautiful town. You will love it....promise!
Dayna
Double D's
Cardinal Owners: 2013 3675 Cardinal 5th Wheel

Post by Double D's »

Well, Lindabud, we are right on your way, so you better stop and stay at OUR campground..... ok, so we are not EXACTLY on the way, but you COULD come see us!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!
http://www.ddbalfanz.blogspot.com/

Double D's - Dennis and Donna

2013 Cardinal 3675- The "Double D Retreat"
Trail Air Pin Box and Suspension
2007 Chevy Dually 3500, Duramax
Rallies - 20
Days out in 2015- 145
Days out in 2014 - 71
Days out in 2013 - 187 Alaska
jennyt

Post by jennyt »

It sounds like a great trip! Hope that you guys have a great time. No suggestions other than if you time it right, Talladega Alabama is on the way home if you can string it out as long as October 7th :wink:
rvlost

Post by rvlost »

We really enjoyed Bar Harbor, ME and the lakes region of NH. We stayed at Mt Desert Narrows at Bar Harbor, a bit pricey, but beautiful and very convenient to Acadia NP. We stayed at a few places in NH, but liked Meredith Woods best.

Don't know what you like to do...we used to live in the DC area and there is a lot to see there, just not a lot of CGs.
ratherbcamping

Post by ratherbcamping »

How far inland are you planning on going? Are you planning on just staying along the coast?

I haven't been there yet, but I hear the outer banks area of North Carolina is awesome. (Kitty Hawk Wright Bros. Museum, wild horses, etc.) Cape May, NJ is also on my list of "want to visit someday".

We like the area of Wells, Maine. (Wells Auto Museum, riding the trolley, walking the beach, etc.) Portland Light House. And years back we visited Strawberry Banke, a type of living history museum -- we still have good memories of it. The Maine Maritime Museum in Bath is nice as well. And of course there's Acadia National Park farther north.

Hampton Beach State Park, New Hampshire -- not much for amenities, but you camp close to the ocean. You'd need reservations -- we found it hard to get in. The town is typical New England oceanfront touristy.

If you get to the top of Maine and head into Canada (not far), We were really impressed by St. Andrews-by-the-sea. We stayed at the Kiwanis Oceanfront campground and had a great ocean view through our rear window. I'd love to go back! You can watch the effect of the incredible Bay of Fundy tides on this inlet. We visited Minister's Island -- a guided tour. It even fascinated my teenagers!