Nashville in October

What's Your Favorite Campground? Need Information on Fuel Prices, Campground Ratings, Campgrounds available in the area you are traveling??? This is the place to look!!

Moderator: Olbird

RevHam
Cardinal Owners: 2006 Cardinal 30 WB

Nashville in October

Post by RevHam »

Howdy All -

Wife & I are headed to Nashville toward the end of October for an anniversary trip. Where would you suggest is the best place to camp?
We will be taking our 32 ft 5er.

Thanks
2006 Cardinal 30 WB
2007 Chevy 3500HD LTZ w/ DMax & Ally
1972 Airstream International
Future Fulltimers
Cardinal Owners: 2006 30TS

Post by Future Fulltimers »

We’re headed that way tomorrow. We’ll be staying at the Buffalo KOA in Hurricane Mills.
http://koa.com/where/tn/42156/
We will only be there a week otherwise we would meet up with you.
Enjoy your trip.
Wayne & Peggy Williamson
Rocky
GoodSam Lifetime Members
2006 30TS
2007 Silverado 3500 Classic 6.6L D'Max
AirSafe 25k hitch
RevHam

Post by RevHam »

:D
Thanks FF! It appears we have similar a similar setup. What details do you have on your Chevy?

I would love to be full timing! I'm around 10-15 years from that, though. :(
2006 Cardinal 30 WB
wild acres

Nashville

Post by wild acres »

Hi RevHam, Linda and I stayed at the Nashville KOA this preious March, and really enjoy our stay. Linda wanted to live large, so we paid extra to park where the motorhomes usually park. Had patio, lawn furniture, fire place,etc. Also right next to bath house, and best of all, right next to Camping World, and just down the street from Opry Mills, the big outlet mall. Go to their site and check it out. Hope this helps. John
Future Fulltimers
Cardinal Owners: 2006 30TS

Post by Future Fulltimers »

RevHam,
This campground is a little out of the way if you’re going to do the sights of Nashville. I didn’t realize it but it’s about 40 miles west of the city limits. Nice little campground, clean. Has WIFI but there isn’t any cable. Campsites are gravel but are pretty level. Only 2 drawbacks I can see are the lack of cable and the highway noise from I-40.
We purchased our Chevrolet just before the new model came out. In fact the dealer didn’t have any of the new 3500 and just two of the 07 classic 3500. One was a 4-wheel drive and the other was a 2-wheel drive but with all the bells –n- whistles. The boss wanted the bells –n- whistles so guess who won. The only accessories I’ve put on it is a set of Husky Liner rear mud flaps, Pace Edwards retractable bed cover and a toolbox. Haven’t touched the engine and after the way she climbed Monteagle Mountain, TN; I don’t think I will. :evil: :wink:
Wayne & Peggy Williamson
Rocky
GoodSam Lifetime Members
2006 30TS
2007 Silverado 3500 Classic 6.6L D'Max
AirSafe 25k hitch
campswithcritters
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2005 34RLT
Skype ID: campswithcritters

Post by campswithcritters »

RevHam wrote::D
Thanks FF! It appears we have similar a similar setup. What details do you have on your Chevy? :(
To both you guys with the 07 Classics: I highly recommend a CAT-Back exhaust. Like FF I've done nothing to the engine but installed gauges, got a 100 degree drop in EGT with the CAT-Back and seems to have jumped the MPG up almost 1 mpg towing.
Bruce & Sharon Full-time since Nov 06
Boogie, & Jack ("the critters")
RevHam

Post by RevHam »

campswithcritters wrote:
RevHam wrote::D
Thanks FF! It appears we have similar a similar setup. What details do you have on your Chevy? :(
To both you guys with the 07 Classics: I highly recommend a CAT-Back exhaust. Like FF I've done nothing to the engine but installed gauges, got a 100 degree drop in EGT with the CAT-Back and seems to have jumped the MPG up almost 1 mpg towing.
My 2007 is the new style - not the Classic. I'm averaging 16+ right now (not pulling).
2006 Cardinal 30 WB
Olbird
Council, Asst. Admin
Cardinal Owners: 3850 RL

Post by Olbird »

Hey Bruce & Sharon,

Did you guys get back to the South?
George & Julie
3850 RL Full Paint w/ TrailAir Spring Ride System, Kodiak Disc Brakes, TrailAir Tri-Glide Pin Box, Over 130 Mods

2022 Ford F450 DRW
campswithcritters
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2005 34RLT
Skype ID: campswithcritters

Post by campswithcritters »

Olbird wrote:Hey Bruce & Sharon,

Did you guys get back to the South?
Not yet, still too hot down there plus all the storms. I am still at work, but on my way out very soon. Sharon still in Mountain Home, ID. Hope to be moving by the end of coming week in a leisurely southern direction. Planning on taking as many by-ways as possible and leave the interstates to those in a hurry.
Bruce
Bruce & Sharon Full-time since Nov 06
Boogie, & Jack ("the critters")
RevHam

Post by RevHam »

Well, decided to go with the KOA in Nashville. We will see in a few weeks if it was a good choice. We are going to the Opry, so I liked it being close.

Thanks for all the suggestions!
2006 Cardinal 30 WB