Nice Campgrounds

What's Your Favorite Campground? Need Information on Fuel Prices, Campground Ratings, Campgrounds available in the area you are traveling??? This is the place to look!!

Moderator: Olbird

Chief409
Mojave Desert
Cardinal Owners: 2007 30WBLE

Nice Campgrounds

Post by Chief409 »

We just got back from the Sacramento River Delta. We stayed at the Delta City Resort (it's listed with KOA as Brannon Island RV Park). Nice campgorund with freindly folks, in the Delta. They let me pick my own spot. Of course this is the off season, summertime I'd expect you'll have to reserve well in advance. The store is across the dike in the marina. 9 miles from Rio Vista, CA. I got a eMail from my uncle in Alaska, they used it all the time with the motorhome when they lived in Sacramento. 50/30 amp service, if you need 50 amp make sure you ask for a spot with it.
Negative:
(A) Hooking up the drain hose. Bring a hose support, and a hose that will reach past your back bumper. The campground connection was at the same level as my trailer outlet.
(B) Couldn't get a SatTV lock becuase of the trees. Bad if you are addicted to Judge Judy...

Plus:
Local TV stations boom in, they all have their transmission towers in the Delta. As do the AM/FM radio stations.
Jeff & Terry
U.S.N. Ret
2012 F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 Diesel Dually, Crew Cab, LWB, 50 gal Transfer Flow toolbox/tank
2007 Cardinal 30WBLE, "the 'Bird", ONAN gen.
The more I see in my travels, the more I realize there is so much more to see.
Rob & Cathy

Re: Nice Campgrounds

Post by Rob & Cathy »

Thanks for the report Jeff.
Chief409 wrote:Hooking up the drain hose. Bring a hose support, and a hose that will reach past your back bumper. The campground connection was at the same level as my trailer outlet.
That could certainly be a problem since most of us depend on gravity to drain our holding tanks. Is there some reason why they can't lower the connection point?

Rob
Chief409
Mojave Desert
Cardinal Owners: 2007 30WBLE

Post by Chief409 »

I don't know, the campground drain is above ground with two fittings. one on top, one mounted below that at a 90 deg which I couldn't use. I was able to flush the black tank by hooking up to the tank cleaning fitting and running that until it showed clear, closed that valve and then dumped the galley and lav tanks at the same time which cleaned the hose. A slinky or other hose support would eliminate the low point though.

I've run into this before, including at the Circuis Circuis RV park in Las Vegas.
Jeff & Terry
U.S.N. Ret
2012 F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 Diesel Dually, Crew Cab, LWB, 50 gal Transfer Flow toolbox/tank
2007 Cardinal 30WBLE, "the 'Bird", ONAN gen.
The more I see in my travels, the more I realize there is so much more to see.