Camping near FT Sill, OK.

What's Your Favorite Campground? Need Information on Fuel Prices, Campground Ratings, Campgrounds available in the area you are traveling??? This is the place to look!!

Moderator: Olbird

Kamiki

Camping near FT Sill, OK.

Post by Kamiki »

Has any body stayed near Ft Sill, OK. My son is in the Army and we are thinking of RVing to see him.
Shields
Cardinal Owners: 31 RK LE

Post by Shields »

Yeah, about 40 yers ago. Combat school and rattlesnakes all over.
But that isn't what you meant was it? :D
Al and Nadine
Cardinal 31RK, 2006
2009 Dodge Cummins 3500 Dually.
Dorr, Michigan
kimmee

campgrounds

Post by kimmee »

There is a real nice campground just north of the base. I don't remember the name but the sites back right to the lake. We was down there about 5 years ago. There is a lot to see there you need to take the tour of the old fort.
Chuck
Kamiki

Post by Kamiki »

No Shields , Thats not what I meant Ha Ha. Thanks for the laugh.And thank you for the in put Kimmee. I am not sure if we will make it out there or not .
Thanks again for the reply
Steve
wild acres

Post by wild acres »

Hi Steve, there is a Ft Sill camp ground that your son could reserve for you at Lake Elmer Thomas Recreation Area. 62 sites w/full hook ups. Web page [/url]www.sillmwr.com/letra.htm. Couldn't find a price on their site, but usually quite cheap. I know here at Ft Knox, the sites are $16.00 per day w/full hook ups and concrete pads. Hope this helps. John
kimmee

fort sill

Post by kimmee »

That is where we stayed I just did not remember the name. We had a very nice site back right to the lake.
Chuck