Between West Memphis and Elkhart???

What's Your Favorite Campground? Need Information on Fuel Prices, Campground Ratings, Campgrounds available in the area you are traveling??? This is the place to look!!

Moderator: Olbird

Luizianna

Between West Memphis and Elkhart???

Post by Luizianna »

Ok guys, I thought I asked this before and I can't find it, so here goes. On our way to Elkhart, we will stop the first night at Tom Sawyer....now the question is...where is a good spot for the night about halfway between West Memphis, AR and the Middlebury KOA, that is easy access off and on the interstate?? Doesn't have to be fancy, we will only be there for the night. Thanks!
PaulandTammy
Cardinal Owners: 2009 362BHLE

Post by PaulandTammy »

There is a KOA about 8 miles from the interstate in Kankakee if you are going up I-57. Have not stayed there but have seen the signs when I passed through. Are you going to cut over on I-70 into Indiana or go straight up through Illinois?
PaulandTammy

09 362-BHLE
2011 Dodge 3500 CTD DRW
campswithcritters
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2005 34RLT
Skype ID: campswithcritters

Post by campswithcritters »

You did post before Linda, you were asking about Champaign IL area and both Wayne & I recommended TIN Cup Campground in Mahomet IL. Nice little campground with friendly folks. If you decide to cut over on I-70 there is a nice Good Sam park in Effingham IL, but I don't have my books to look up the name.
Bruce & Sharon Full-time since Nov 06
Boogie, & Jack ("the critters")
Luizianna

Post by Luizianna »

I thought I had, but I've slept since then lol, thanks Bruce. Now that you brought it up, lol is it better to take I-70? What would be the best route?
campswithcritters
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2005 34RLT
Skype ID: campswithcritters

Post by campswithcritters »

Luizianna wrote:I thought I had, but I've slept since then lol, thanks Bruce. Now that you brought it up, lol is it better to take I-70? What would be the best route?
It's all about choices on routes, if you are going for optimum time see what your GPS tells you or a route planner like Yahoo maps. Keep in mind 3 things: 1. I prefer driving through Indianapolis over Chicago any day. 2. Fuel is higher in Illinois than Missouri and Indiana. 3. The speed limit for vehicles pulling trailers in Illinois is 55 on all highways.

I need to visit my folks in Illinois enroute, otherwise I would just cross the state using I-57 to I-70 (coming in loaded with fuel and only buying enough to get out). But that is my personal opinion and I grew up in Illinois and traveled it extensively so I've done the scenic thing there.

On the fuel thing you will find it cheaper and easier access on I-55 before seperating onto I-57. And of course several stations have the cheaper price if paying cash in that area.
Bruce & Sharon Full-time since Nov 06
Boogie, & Jack ("the critters")