AWESOME CAMPING IN SANTA ROSA BEACH, FL

What's Your Favorite Campground? Need Information on Fuel Prices, Campground Ratings, Campgrounds available in the area you are traveling??? This is the place to look!!

Moderator: Olbird

colhannah

AWESOME CAMPING IN SANTA ROSA BEACH, FL

Post by colhannah »

I have a wonderful recommendation for those of you who don't already know about this absolute jewel of a campground! It is called Topsail Hill in Santa Rosa Beach, FL. I can't say enough good things about this place! The grounds are immaculate, the sites are beautiful, the beach is private with no condos shooting up from out of the dunes. It is a wonderful place for children as they can ride bikes, fish, and play to their hearts' content. They can also learn about wildlife preservation, sea turtles, and the importance of protecting endangered habitats. There is only one complaint I could have about it, and that is that it is sometimes hard to get a reservation unless you book WAY in advance. It is just so nice that it stays pretty full! If you have the chance, visit this beautiful park! You won't regret it!!
Double D's
Cardinal Owners: 2013 3675 Cardinal 5th Wheel

Re: AWESOME CAMPING IN SANTA ROSA BEACH, FL

Post by Double D's »

Hi, Colhannah! We will be going down to Fla in Feb or early March and will have to check this place out, if it is on our route in any way. (Well, I convinced my hubby that Cheyenne, Wyoming was ON THE WAY from Illinois to Albuquerque, NM!!) Thanks for the head's up and I will get my atlas out and see if that place is possible. Donna
http://www.ddbalfanz.blogspot.com/

Double D's - Dennis and Donna

2013 Cardinal 3675- The "Double D Retreat"
Trail Air Pin Box and Suspension
2007 Chevy Dually 3500, Duramax
Rallies - 20
Days out in 2015- 145
Days out in 2014 - 71
Days out in 2013 - 187 Alaska
Luizianna

Post by Luizianna »

We stayed there a couple years ago...you are right, it is an awesome RV park. It is now a Florida State park and well worth visiting. Great bike riding, shuttle to the beach or you can ride your bike. Very nice campground.
jennyt

Post by jennyt »

We stayed there a few years ago for a couple of nights over Thanksgiving. The beach was empty - it was great. The only thing is it's quite a walk if you don't have a bike, and the shuttle doesn't run frequently in the off season.