Montana RV Parks

What's Your Favorite Campground? Need Information on Fuel Prices, Campground Ratings, Campgrounds available in the area you are traveling??? This is the place to look!!

Moderator: Olbird

RV4Gene
Cardinal Owners: 2006 29RKLE

Re: Montana RV Parks

Post by RV4Gene »

Mike Clay wrote:
RV4Gene wrote:We go to a great RV park in Montana every year...Campground St. Regis. Mitch and Lisa, the owners, are wonderful people and keep the place spotless. Never seen cleaner restrooms or laundry room. It is very near lots of fishing areas, the Clark Fork River, the Flathead River and the Thompson River. Also quite near the National Bison Range. It is 70 miles west of Missoula on I-90 and just 33 miles east of the Idaho border. We have been going there for five years and will be spending four months there this summer!!
Is this the old St Regis KOA we stayed there alot when it was and after it was sold, nice park.

Not positive, Mike. It looks as tho it may have been to me, just judging by the look of the office. I'll post a pic later...going on a trip to the Ft. Lewis museum today and need to get ready.
Merv & Lynn
2006 Cardinal 29RKLE
2003 Dodge Diesel 4x4

nights camped 2010: 126
nights camped 2011: 76
Mike Clay
Council, Administrator
Cardinal Owners: 2016 3850RL Estate
Skype ID: Mike-Clay

Post by Mike Clay »

is it the one that has the old western type buildings out front?
Mike, Susanna & Rudy
2016 3850RL Estate "Proto Grigio"
2019 Silverado 3500HD Dually D/A 4x4 LTZ
My dreams are too big for my wallet
Rallies attended - 32

Nights camping in 2013:159 2014:269 2015:Full Timers
RV4Gene
Cardinal Owners: 2006 29RKLE

Post by RV4Gene »

Mike Clay wrote:is it the one that has the old western type buildings out front?
No...the entrance gate fronts on a frontage road next to I-90. No buildings out front...after you go thru the gate, there is the office/game room/laundry, etc. but that is the only building. As you come to THE light in town, you turn left...you may be thinking of the Nugget which is to the right from the light. Not a nice place and owners can be downright nasty to people. My experience anywho..
Merv & Lynn
2006 Cardinal 29RKLE
2003 Dodge Diesel 4x4

nights camped 2010: 126
nights camped 2011: 76
Mike Clay
Council, Administrator
Cardinal Owners: 2016 3850RL Estate
Skype ID: Mike-Clay

Post by Mike Clay »

Nope bet they took them down it was just a couple old shack type buildings this place was right off frontage road. It been a long time since we have been there but us to use that as a stay over when not using I 84 to head east.
Mike, Susanna & Rudy
2016 3850RL Estate "Proto Grigio"
2019 Silverado 3500HD Dually D/A 4x4 LTZ
My dreams are too big for my wallet
Rallies attended - 32

Nights camping in 2013:159 2014:269 2015:Full Timers
Shields
Cardinal Owners: 31 RK LE

Post by Shields »

Can yo move that rally up to this late July? All my kids are bringing their campers and we will be hanging out at the Grizzly RV park. We were there years ago, 34 to be exact, and looking forward to returning. My wife realized she was pregnant with our eldest at Yellowstone, and now we will return with her in person 34 years later. (Hope it doesn't happen again) :)
Al and Nadine
Cardinal 31RK, 2006
2009 Dodge Cummins 3500 Dually.
Dorr, Michigan
Don Wilson
Region Leader Admin
Cardinal Owners: 2019 3350

Post by Don Wilson »

Shields,

I bet your wife hopes it doesn't :-ss happen again more than you do!

Don
We don't know a stranger only friends we haven't met yet!

Don
2019 Cardinal 3350RLX Luxury Edition
2014 Dodge 3500 2WD DRW Long Bed

2023 Nights Camped 33
2022 Nights Camped 24
2021 Nights Camped 46

Rallies Attended - 50
Frog - 5
Shields
Cardinal Owners: 31 RK LE

Post by Shields »

We are in the Grizzly park as planned. Very clean park, very efficient, more motor coaches here than I thought ever built. It is a grandpa and grandma style park with few amenities for children. But our family all made it here in good shape. And it is also thunderstorming quite well at the moment. And the hail is quite impressive. :(
Al and Nadine
Cardinal 31RK, 2006
2009 Dodge Cummins 3500 Dually.
Dorr, Michigan
Mike and Jo Anne
Cardinal Owners: Cardinal, 2006, 30' with 3 slide's

Post by Mike and Jo Anne »

We are in Montana right now, just came down from East Glacier and are in Missoula at the Jellystone Park on Hwy 93. We drove through West Glacier and thought we would have liked that much better it seemed to have more things to do in that area. We stayed at Great Falls KOA, because the rating were better than the other Park in that location and we were very disappointed. I know that people like their privacy and all that but we felt like we were camped in a jungle and it was over priced by about $20. It might be a good place if you have kids with you and they want to swim. But we think $55 a night is a little steep for gravel and weeds. Billings Montana has a very nice KOA, it was the first KOA, and is the headquarters for KOA. Good location for going over to see the Little Big Horn Battlefield in Hardin, Montana and also Pompey's Pillar. We did stay at the Hardin KOA too, it was nice but might be a little to hot this time of year.

Also we stayed at the Three Forks Campground, its no longer a KOA but a very nice park with Green grass. We've been on the road since April and cherish the thought of Green Grass and paved spaces.

We think you'll be very happy at the Park you picked out at West Glacier.

Happy traveling
Mike and Jo Anne
2000 Ford 350, Lariat, 2W,V10, 4.30r, crew cab, w/banks system
2006, 30' Cardinal 3/slides
Good Sam Life Members
We travel with our Dog Zoe-ee (Vizsla)
navybanker

Post by navybanker »

We stayed in San-Suz-Ed campground in West Glacier last August and really liked it. Pancake breakfast on Sunday mornings and they may cook other mornings. The National Bison Range just north of Missoula was a very pleasant surprize on this same trip. The Montana welcome center told us about it as we had never heard of it. We saw more wildlife there than at stops in Yellowstone, Banff, Waterton Lakes and Glacier combined. Bison, bighorn sheep, elk, bear, and antelopes (and of course dozens of mule deer). You need to visit for at least two hours before dusk to see more wildlife. I think it is about a 20 mile drive through the park.