Coyote Creek RV Resort, San Jose, CA

What's Your Favorite Campground? Need Information on Fuel Prices, Campground Ratings, Campgrounds available in the area you are traveling??? This is the place to look!!

Moderator: Olbird

Chief409
Mojave Desert
Cardinal Owners: 2007 30WBLE

Coyote Creek RV Resort, San Jose, CA

Post by Chief409 »

We arrived here Friday afternoon, late. Off N or S US101 take the Cochran Rd exit, head west, turn right at Monterey Rd and proceed around 4 miles. Pay attention, I almost missed the entrance. Once inside it's a very nice modern and very new park, 127 BACK IN spaces on around 13 acres. After checking in, a host will guide you to your spot and assist in getting your rig in place (without denting something for those of us who NEVER back in, and is Great even when you have been backing rigs up since Christ was in boot camp). The spaces are LEVEL side to side poured concrete, hook ups are at the left rear, sewer was a single 10' hose run away. Awesome! And the bushes are trimmed close enough to the ground they don't hit the awning of the living room slide. There is a 10 year limit (with waivers by the owners/managers) on RV age.

Downsides. Spaces are close together, the store at the Resort carries very little (no drip coffee, beer, eggs or cigs). The exit from the resort is a right turn only onto Monterey Rd (a K rail barrier dividing the N/S lanes enforces this), you go north to Bailey Rd to get back to 101, and the nearest supermarket is towards Gilroy - PAST Cochran. There used to be a supermarket at Cocheran and 101, it's closed now, so the closest supply point I found is an AM-PM mini mart with a limited selection even for an AM-PM, at the intersection of Cocheran and Monterey. It has the basics though. A 20 mile run to the AM - PM at least for grits. McD's, Denney's, etc. are the same, just off 101 at Cochran.

Pluses. A nice well maintained RV Park with two Jack Nickolaus designed golf courses within walking distance of the resort (there is a walkway to the courses). San Jose to the north, Monterey, Gilroy to the south. We don't dine out so I can't report on that.

Recommended, but I wish the Garlic Farm RV Park in Gilroy hadn't been taken over by the (absentee) owners of a mini storage outfit.
Jeff & Terry
U.S.N. Ret
2012 F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 Diesel Dually, Crew Cab, LWB, 50 gal Transfer Flow toolbox/tank
2007 Cardinal 30WBLE, "the 'Bird", ONAN gen.
The more I see in my travels, the more I realize there is so much more to see.
Torben

Re: Coyote Creek RV Resort, San Jose, CA

Post by Torben »

Sounds nice, we have been thinking of staying there on our travel north or heading south on the 101, but we never have, so thanks for the info. How long are you staying?
Chief409
Mojave Desert
Cardinal Owners: 2007 30WBLE

Re: Coyote Creek RV Resort, San Jose, CA

Post by Chief409 »

Friday and Saturday. A short trip to visit in SanFran. Leaving Sunday morn for the Great Mojave Desert.
Jeff & Terry
U.S.N. Ret
2012 F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 Diesel Dually, Crew Cab, LWB, 50 gal Transfer Flow toolbox/tank
2007 Cardinal 30WBLE, "the 'Bird", ONAN gen.
The more I see in my travels, the more I realize there is so much more to see.