Quartzsite Camping

What's Your Favorite Campground? Need Information on Fuel Prices, Campground Ratings, Campgrounds available in the area you are traveling??? This is the place to look!!

Moderator: Olbird

Torben

Quartzsite Camping

Post by Torben »

We would like any information on going to Quartzsite in January . Who has been there, where to stay ? Is it hard to get a space doing doing the RV show? I have read about BLM land to camp , how do you know where to go? Where do you get Info on that? I have been told by campers that we have met in our travels, that you have to go and experience it at least once.
Mike and Jo Anne
Cardinal Owners: Cardinal, 2006, 30' with 3 slide's

Re: Quartzsite Camping

Post by Mike and Jo Anne »

Torben, I'm repeating what I wrote before for some of the others that didn't see it...... Mike and I aren't boon dockers but we've never tried it either. Thought we'd run out of water too soon.

Last time we were there, almost 3 years ago we stayed at Desert Gold RV resort. Its address is for Brenda, Arizona, which is east of Quartzsite on HWY 60, 4 miles from HWY 10. It has 550 site's. They were very friendly and helpful, we didn't have a reservation and pulled in late at night after having a flat tire on the rig. The office was closed, but the neighbor's came out and showed us where to park and if we needed anything they were there. Its on the dusty side, but I don't know anywhere in Arizona that isn't. They have a lot of ATV riders that go riding out in the desert. Phone number is (800) 927-2101.
2000 Ford 350, Lariat, 2W,V10, 4.30r, crew cab, w/banks system
2006, 30' Cardinal 3/slides
Good Sam Life Members
We travel with our Dog Zoe-ee (Vizsla)
Torben

Post by Torben »

I agree- we like full hook ups, I was trying to get as much information as I could. If we go we would stay at a full service RV park.
Mike and Jo Anne
Cardinal Owners: Cardinal, 2006, 30' with 3 slide's

Post by Mike and Jo Anne »

Maybe some of these boondockers will give us some heads up on what to do if we decided to go that way. We do have generators and solar on the cardinal just in case we ever needed it, but the water would really be an issue if we stayed longer than 3 or 4 days. And what about dump stations etc.?
2000 Ford 350, Lariat, 2W,V10, 4.30r, crew cab, w/banks system
2006, 30' Cardinal 3/slides
Good Sam Life Members
We travel with our Dog Zoe-ee (Vizsla)