Any Input For Sleepy Hollow RV Park by Laurel, MS

What's Your Favorite Campground? Need Information on Fuel Prices, Campground Ratings, Campgrounds available in the area you are traveling??? This is the place to look!!

Moderator: Olbird

EAW
Cardinal Owners: 2005 Cardinal 31RKT
Skype ID: eaward49

Any Input For Sleepy Hollow RV Park by Laurel, MS

Post by EAW »

Does anyone have input regarding this campground? I'm getting set up to spend the remainder of this crappy winter there trading work for the campsite. Just curious before I sign the contract. Using the camping information links posted by Luizianna I found 1 rating (6 out of 10) in 2003. I think it is a new owner since then and it is no longer a KOA. Thanks in advance.
Earnie, Penny, and Roxie
2005 Cardinal 31 RKT with many mods.
2020 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab Denali 4WD LB SWR w/DuraMax, 10spd Allison

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." Mark Twain
Luizianna

Re: Any Input For Sleepy Hollow RV Park by Laurel, MS

Post by Luizianna »

Here's 2 recent reviews I found....1 good, 1 bad, which shows it just depends on your individual tastes...sounds like a place I would like...pleenty of shade if you go to the cg site and look at the photo's. Apparantly these two stayed at around the same time....lol reviews are like night and day...lol We almost didn't stay at Stone mountain because of the reviews...we actually loved it!! and will stay again

1. We also camped here during Gustav and the folks who ran the camp went out of their way to make our stay nice & comfortable. There was some minor flooding after almost 3 inches rain fell, but nothing that bad.We have stayed here a couple times since and the park is very beautiful and the staff there went out of their way to help us enjoy our stay.We will be back again. I recommend Sleepy Hollow RV Park to anyone.They must be doing something right because it is almost full year round.

2. We evacuated here for Hurricane Gustav. We have a 32' 5th wheel with triple slides. Our spot was so narrow that our neighbors camper was 4' from our window. The spot was so unlevel that it took 4 blocks under the rear wheels and the front landing gear fully retracted to get the rig close to level. The drainage in the camp is horrible. All the ditches were clogged so the road turned into a river, which erorded all the rocks away. The campground was infested with ants, but the management did not care and offered no insecticide. The campground is for sale, maybe with new management and TLC this park could be nice. Oh BTW it backs up to I-59 so it does have quite a bit of highway noise.