GA & FL Campgrounds

What's Your Favorite Campground? Need Information on Fuel Prices, Campground Ratings, Campgrounds available in the area you are traveling??? This is the place to look!!

Moderator: Olbird

flojoe
Cardinal Owners: 08 33SB LE

GA & FL Campgrounds

Post by flojoe »

We are planning a trip to the Avon Park Area of Florida for a big Antique Farm Equipment Show & wondered if any of the Cardinal Club Members have stayed in that area? We've got reservations @ Lake Glenada RV Park (near Avon Park); it was really hard to find a place this time of year so hope it'll be okay. Sometimes there are campgrounds that are too small to be in the campground directories but are nevetheless good places to stay. We will probably stop overnight near Savannah, GA and are thinking about staying @ Ft. McAllister State Park. Anyone ever been there before? Also, has anyone been to a campground in the Savannah area that's real convenient to I-95 that may be a little closer than Ft. McAllister (it's 10 miles off I-95).

Flojoe in NC
'08 33SB LE Cardinal Fifth Wheel
'05 Dodge 3500 Diesel, 2WD, SB
Traveler II
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2008 30 TS
Skype ID: User name: janestonge46 (iChat only)
Skype name: jane-stonge

Re: GA & FL Campgrounds

Post by Traveler II »

We stayed a few years ago at Ft. McAllister State Park. It's a great SP not to far a drive south of the city. It's a place we would stay again. I think you would enjoy staying there.
Jim & Jane
2014 Ford 350 King Ranch, Trailer Saver BD3 Air Hitch, IS Suspension, Disk Brakes
Nights camped in 2012: 142
Nights camped in 2013: 186
Nights camped in 2014: 185
Nights camped in 2015: 232
Nights camped in 2016: 165
flojoe

Post by flojoe »

Thanks, it's always good to get feedback about a place you've never seen before. I'm a little nervous but excited about this trip as I have never been further south than Myrtle Beach, SC.

Flojoe in NC
Luizianna

Post by Luizianna »

You will love your first long trip in the bird!!! Safe Travels and have fun!!
Illona Lucas
Region Leader
Cardinal Owners: 2008 35 ft SB

Post by Illona Lucas »

We are planning a trip to Savanah GA. in Oct. 2009 has anyone ever stayed in any of the campgrounds there? We did see that there was a KOA there. Thanks
Bud and Illona
2008 35SB W/Trailair
Six Point Level Up System
2006 Ford F350 Diesel Crew Cab
Air Lift 5000 Air Bags
flojoe

Post by flojoe »

We stayed @ Savannah Oaks RV Resort near Savannah on our way home after our trip to Florida in March (we live in eastern NC). We only stayed one night but would love to have stayed longer if we'd had more time. We liked it so much we want to go back there again and see some of the sights around Savannah. This would be the campground we would stay at. They have a large ad in the Woodall's Campground Directory (our '08 edition anyway). Just let me know if you need more info.
Illona Lucas
Region Leader
Cardinal Owners: 2008 35 ft SB

Post by Illona Lucas »

Foljoe, thank you very much for the info. I will look it up, my hubby has wanted to go there and sight see for sometime now. We are planning this trip for the 2nd or 3rd week in October, can't wait, thanks again.
Bud and Illona
2008 35SB W/Trailair
Six Point Level Up System
2006 Ford F350 Diesel Crew Cab
Air Lift 5000 Air Bags