Black Bear Campground NY

What's Your Favorite Campground? Need Information on Fuel Prices, Campground Ratings, Campgrounds available in the area you are traveling??? This is the place to look!!

Moderator: Olbird

chowdy6606

Black Bear Campground NY

Post by chowdy6606 »

I was looking to take my family to New York this summer and I saw some reviews on the the Black Bear Campground in Flordia New York. To my avail the reviews were not great, does anyone have any further insite on this campground and maybe some suggestions on another if any campgrounds to stay at near New York City. I wanted to stay close without having to enter the city with our camper, following that we will travel to Washington DC and stay at Cherry Hill Campground, I heard this is a really nice CG.
TwoFeds
Cardinal Owners: 2007 Cardinal 30LE

Re: Black Bear Campground NY

Post by TwoFeds »

We went there several years ago (back when we had a pop-up) and thank goodness we only stayed a few nights. A lot of the campground had broken down campers, junk, etc. The shower house was OK, more of a portable building with about 10 private shower rooms. Most of the roads were dirt/gravel except for the roads in front and we were up a big hill. Since we were there in October we didn't use any of the outside activities. Maybe it's improved a lot, the photos look nice. We did take a tour to New York City with several of the other campers and it was pretty good for a 1 day tour.
Terri & Danny
2010 Dodge Ram 3500/Shortbed Diesel
2007 Cardinal 30le