Florida Beach

What's Your Favorite Campground? Need Information on Fuel Prices, Campground Ratings, Campgrounds available in the area you are traveling??? This is the place to look!!

Moderator: Olbird

rvthereyet

Florida Beach

Post by rvthereyet »

I am taking my family to disney world for easter Break and I also want to take the kids to the beach on either side of florida were the kids can find sea shells maybe sand dollars and possibly to do some snorkeling and Ideas were we should go something like a 1-2 hr. drive.
Firejab

Re: Florida Beach

Post by Firejab »

If you are staying at Fort Wilderness in Disney Daytona Beach is about 1 hour to the east on interstate 4 and Clearwater beach is about 2 hours to the west. Clearwater has been very busy during spring break, the traffic sometimes is very heavy. The water temp may be a little cooler at Daytona but both beaches are nice. Hope this helps
rvthereyet

Post by rvthereyet »

Which one do you think would be better daytona or clearwater. the campground mentioned cocoa or melbourne beach.
Luizianna

Post by Luizianna »

Daytona get's my vote!! lol
Firejab

Post by Firejab »

Any one of the beaches on the east coast are going to be about the same as far as beaches go, Daytona might be easier to get to for a day trip from the Orlando area on interstate 4. Clearwater beach will be about a 2 hour ride, beautiful beaches but moderate traffic. What campground are you staying at in Orlando? We stayed last weekend at Wekieva falls near Sanford. Its under new management and you can tell they are spending some money trying to fix it up. They have a spring feed swimming hole in the middle of the campground with some slides that go into the water. Great for the kids. The water in the spring does have a sulfur smell (not to bad). The swimming area was packed this past weekend. Nice river with canoe and kayak rentals. Good luck and enjoy spring break.
rvthereyet

Post by rvthereyet »

We are staying at fort wilderness campground.
chowdy6606

Post by chowdy6606 »

Wanted to hear how your stay was at Fort Wilderness. We are heading there for the first time the third week of June. Maybe some do's and don't's while staying there would be great. We have reserved a premium site.
Luizianna

Post by Luizianna »

lol we stayed there in dec 07 and loved it!! You've got to do the mickey hoop te do or what ever it is called!! JennyT is our resident Fort Wilderness expert...she goes about twice a year I think....lol You will love it!! From what I understand they've done some "remodeling" and made quite a few of the sites bigger. and even have wifi now. Be sure and let us know how you like it!!
flojoe
Cardinal Owners: 08 33SB LE

Post by flojoe »

We were @ Ft. Wilderness 1st week in March '09. The Hoop De Doo dinner show was very good. I would highly recommend it. The boat @ the marina is the way to go if you're going to Magic Kingdom. To use my lap top I had to pay $10.00 a day for a "suitcase" full of cables, router, etc. that was aggravating to me cause I thought we were gonna have free WIFI & all I'd have to do was turn my laptop on. Not that simple. I rented it for just 1 day so I could check e-mail. We have a small dog so had to stay in the "pet" section of Ft. Wilderness. We had a terrible time getting into our site as it had trees real, real close on each side of the concrete pad that made it very difficult to get our 36' long camper in it. It was no doubt the most difficult site we've ever parked our camper in (we've been camping 10 years). Hubby also had to back the cardinal in on his "blind" side, which he hates to do. I walked over & looked @ sites in section across the road from us and their sites seemed more spacious and the concrete pads were larger. I was told they were in the process of enlarging all the concrete pads and just hadn't gotten to our section yet. I asked the lady in the reservations office could we reserve a specific site in the future and she said no. We've had friends who've camped @ Ft. Wilderness and loved their sites. Even with the site we had, we were glad we stayed in Ft. Wilderness, as the shuttle coming along every half hour or so to pick you up or bring you back was very convenient. We almost stayed @ Ft. Summit (KOA) Campground @ Lake Buena Vista but opted to be inside Disney World. Have any of you stayed @ Ft. Summit?
'08 33SB LE Cardinal Fifth Wheel
'05 Dodge 3500 Diesel, 2WD, SB