Branson??

What's Your Favorite Campground? Need Information on Fuel Prices, Campground Ratings, Campgrounds available in the area you are traveling??? This is the place to look!!

Moderator: Olbird

Me&Margie
Cardinal Owners: '07 31RKLE

Branson??

Post by Me&Margie »

Hi, Folks:
Marge & I are in the planning stages of a trip back East with stops in N.Dak, Minn, Wis, Iowa, Kansas, & Missouri. We've been kicking around the idea of dropping down into Branson, before turning West again, and was wondering if anybody had any suggestions as to a good place to stay for two or three days while there. We have never been there but have heard from friends who have that its kind of a "cool" place. This well be in the May, June time frame, if that matters?? Also, we're thinking we'd like a nice quiet spot that was a little removed from the main activitys.

Thanks, Marv
Marv & Margie
'07 Cardinal 31RKLE
'06 F-250 PSD S/C 4X2, Hijacker, Line-X.
Me&Margie

Re: Branson??

Post by Me&Margie »

Charles:
Thanks for the tip on Tablerock. Sounds like our kind of place. My problem is with the making reservations "soon", as this is going to be one of those trips where we don't really have anything planned once we leave N.Dak. We do have two stops we'd like to make in the area south of KC, but after that....??????
Anyway, thanks again, and if we find ourselves in your area we will give you a call.

Marv
Marv & Margie
'07 Cardinal 31RKLE
davenkc
Cardinal Owners: 2003 29LE

Post by davenkc »

Hey Marv,
We live in KC and make a run to Branson each fall. Here's where we usually stay > http://www.tallpinescampground.com/
It's located pretty close to everything, but not "too close" if you know what I mean.
Kathy & Dave
2003 29LE
2003 F250 Crew Cab Short Bed 6.0 PSD
Transfer Flow 46 gallon fuel tank
Air-Lift Air Springs
Line-X
Me&Margie

Post by Me&Margie »

davenkc wrote:Hey Marv,
We live in KC and make a run to Branson each fall. Here's where we usually stay > http://www.tallpinescampground.com/
It's located pretty close to everything, but not "too close" if you know what I mean.
Thanks for the tip on Tallpines. Looks nice.
Being from KC, have you ever been to Melvern Lake? There are a couple of campgrounds there that look nice. One is Eisenhower State Prk, and the other one is a COE park, I think? We are looking for a spot fairly close to Waverly, as Marge has family there that we would like to stop and see.

Thanks again, Marv
Marv & Margie
'07 Cardinal 31RKLE
davenkc

Post by davenkc »

Me&Margie wrote:
davenkc wrote:Hey Marv,
Thanks for the tip on Tallpines. Looks nice.
Being from KC, have you ever been to Melvern Lake? There are a couple of campgrounds there that look nice. One is Eisenhower State Prk, and the other one is a COE park, I think? We are looking for a spot fairly close to Waverly, as Marge has family there that we would like to stop and see.

Thanks again, Marv
Marv,
Haven't stayed at Melvern Lake. For what it's worth, I think the Corps of Engineers campgrounds are generally nicer facilities than the state park campgrounds in KS. You can check out the COE campgrounds and make reservations at http://www.reserveamerica.com
Kathy & Dave
2003 29LE
Air-Lift Air Springs
Line-X
Me&Margie

Post by Me&Margie »

Thanks alot for all the info guys. you've been a big help. We've never been to that part of the country before so any tips or advice is much appreciated.

See Ya down the road................Marv
Marv & Margie
'07 Cardinal 31RKLE
TwoFeds
Cardinal Owners: 2007 Cardinal 30LE

Post by TwoFeds »

We stayed at Table Rock State Park several years ago and it was very nice. If you stay at the campground closest to the marina you can even pick up wi-fi. If you are planning on getting to the park in the middle of the week you should be able to get a camping spot since they keep several open as non-reservable.
Terri & Danny
2010 Dodge Ram 3500/Shortbed Diesel
2007 Cardinal 30le
Me&Margie

Post by Me&Margie »

TwoFeds wrote:We stayed at Table Rock State Park several years ago and it was very nice. If you stay at the campground closest to the marina you can even pick up wi-fi. If you are planning on getting to the park in the middle of the week you should be able to get a camping spot since they keep several open as non-reservable.
OK, another check mark for Table Rock!!
Once again I'd like to thank everyone for their tips on the area. Hopefully we can meet up with you guys someday, if not this year maybe next year at Yellowstone!!??

Take care....................Marv
Marv & Margie
'07 Cardinal 31RKLE
davenkc

Post by davenkc »

Might want to check on the status of Table Rock Lake SP. All the lakes (including Table Rock) on the White River flood control chain experienced terrible flood conditions about this time last year. I know all the COE campgrounds on the lake closed for the entire year because they were underwater most of the summer. COE had to open the flood gates on Table Rock Lake dam for the first time since the 1950's. At one point in time they were releasing over 340,000 gallons of water a second. All of it headed for Lake Taneycomo which sits right next to the older part of Branson. Here's a video on you-tube of the flood gates/downstream flooding> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n97BuhmgdRg
Kathy & Dave
2003 29LE
Air-Lift Air Springs
Line-X