Coast to Coast or RPI information needed

What's Your Favorite Campground? Need Information on Fuel Prices, Campground Ratings, Campgrounds available in the area you are traveling??? This is the place to look!!

Moderator: Olbird

markj
Cardinal Owners: Cardinal 31RKLE

Coast to Coast or RPI information needed

Post by markj »

We are negotiating with our home park on purchasing C2C or RPI. I'd appreciate any input from you folks that have one or both of these and if they're worth it, etc. We're going to be in our rig for about 4 months starting after labor day & it seems a good way to camp cheaply.

thanx, Mark
2007 Cardinal 31RKLE
Hijacker 21K underfloor mount
Fifth Airborne pin box
2006 Ford F350 PSD extended cab
1990 Seaswirl fishing boat!
Kiki (the cat)
Heat84
Wife and three Queens and a King
Oh yes and my best buddy Lacey my dog
Cardinal Owners: 29ft
many add on like fireplace, central vacuum wet suspension just to name a few

Re: Coast to Coast or RPI information needed

Post by Heat84 »

Mark I am not sure about C2C or RPI but if it's one of those camping deals that covers you from cost to cost then the only thing I can say is this. The program started several years ago and it never took off by that I mean there is limited and I do mean limited campground involed or want to get involved in honoring it or even reconize it to give you a saving. But Like I said I am no expert just can tell you what has happen or did happen out here on the east cost. GOOD LUCK :idea: :idea:
markj wrote:We are negotiating with our home park on purchasing C2C or RPI. I'd appreciate any input from you folks that have one or both of these and if they're worth it, etc. We're going to be in our rig for about 4 months starting after labor day & it seems a good way to camp cheaply.

thanx, Mark
MIKE & BRENDA
29'WBL FIFTH WHEEL
2006 FORD F-350 SUPER DUTY LARIATE
ALL THE WHISTLE AND BELLS
Full time summer
Travelers

Post by Travelers »

My history with C2C:
My parents bought into C2C when it first came out. They spent 10+ years on the road (3 - 5th wheelers and 2 trucks) and saved money. Back then it was like $2 a night. Today I have the C2C membership. The amount of available campgrounds are down from years ago and the rates have gone up - $10 per night. C2C has partnered up with a couple of other organizations that give you a $15 / night rate or a good discount. Keep in mind that you are limited to 14 day stay and can't return for 7 days. As fas as a "home" campground, our organization has 11 that we get free camping. Seven within Michigan and 4 out of state. There are yearly dues. You need to get them fixed forever. Ours is $129. Some added benefits is that it is willable. We also have 4 guest memberships that our sons can use for the same rate that we get. We like it.
snoking

Post by snoking »

You might also take a look at CampClubUSA and Passport America. We have used CampClubUSA for the last three years and saved a good bit of money on stops along our routes. Both just are yearly fee services, that provide directories and web sites. You have to watch the restrictions that vary by park, day of the week, month of the year etc.

We do not drive way out of our way to use it. If it is on our route and available it has work well.

Oh Yeah! We live close by you! We should think about a Bird get together at Fidalgo RV or Howard Miller Camp Ground! We will be taking the trailer up to Lake Connor RV Resort (Near Lake Stevens) for the summer in a few more weeks and in Nov we head back to Gold Canyon, Az with it for the winter.

Chris
markj
Cardinal Owners: Cardinal 31RKLE

Post by markj »

Chris: Great to hear of someone so close. Let's do it sometime--maybe meet for coffee & talk birds & camping.

I'm looking at campclubusa now. $39.95 intro rate sounds pretty good. I'd like to talk to you more about your experiences with it.

We've camped at steelhead park many times--nice park!

I could come to your place at shelter bay sometime if you like. Name the time! Feel free to PM me. Mark
2007 Cardinal 31RKLE
Hijacker 21K underfloor mount
Fifth Airborne pin box
2006 Ford F350 PSD extended cab
1990 Seaswirl fishing boat!
Kiki (the cat)
Traveler II
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2008 30 TS
Skype ID: User name: janestonge46 (iChat only)
Skype name: jane-stonge

Post by Traveler II »

We've used Passport America, it's not what you are looking at, but for the price we did save some money. We found that we would double check the rating of the park in Woodall's. Sometimes the description given in the directory from Passport was distorted.
Jim & Jane
2014 Ford 350 King Ranch, Trailer Saver BD3 Air Hitch, IS Suspension, Disk Brakes
Nights camped in 2012: 142
Nights camped in 2013: 186
Nights camped in 2014: 185
Nights camped in 2015: 232
Nights camped in 2016: 165
snoking

Post by snoking »

markj wrote:Chris: Great to hear of someone so close. Let's do it sometime--maybe meet for coffee & talk birds & camping.

I'm looking at campclubusa now. $39.95 intro rate sounds pretty good. I'd like to talk to you more about your experiences with it.

We've camped at steelhead park many times--nice park!

I could come to your place at shelter bay sometime if you like. Name the time! Feel free to PM me. Mark
Yes, we will have to get together. I am busy painting the garage right now. I will PM you with a phone number. Chris