Corps of Engineers--information needed

What's Your Favorite Campground? Need Information on Fuel Prices, Campground Ratings, Campgrounds available in the area you are traveling??? This is the place to look!!

Moderator: Olbird

markj
Cardinal Owners: Cardinal 31RKLE

Corps of Engineers--information needed

Post by markj »

I see references to the Corps of Engineer parks. I understand the camp fees are $8 per night for full hookups. Can someone explain how to join, etc. thanx Mark
2007 Cardinal 31RKLE
Hijacker 21K underfloor mount
Fifth Airborne pin box
2006 Ford F350 PSD extended cab
1990 Seaswirl fishing boat!
Kiki (the cat)
TwoFeds
Cardinal Owners: 2007 Cardinal 30LE

Re: Corps of Engineers--information needed

Post by TwoFeds »

Go to: http://www.recreation.gov/ and create a logon id and password and start your search.....
Last edited by TwoFeds on Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Terri & Danny
2010 Dodge Ram 3500/Shortbed Diesel
2007 Cardinal 30le
RV4Gene
Cardinal Owners: 2006 29RKLE

Post by RV4Gene »

Be sure to check size limits...a lot of the Corp and National Forest Service parks can't take anything over 32'.
Merv & Lynn
2006 Cardinal 29RKLE
2003 Dodge Diesel 4x4

nights camped 2010: 126
nights camped 2011: 76
Luizianna

Post by Luizianna »

If I'm not mistaken...those prices apply if you have the Golden Access or Golden Passport cards....you get Half price camping. I think it is now called America the Beautiful. You can get it when you reach 62 y/o or are disabled. Louisiana state parks honor the half price camping...Mississippi give you about a 20% discount, Arkansas gives 25%.... all Corps of Engineer Parks in every state is half price camping.
bayoubengal
Cardinal Owners: 2008 31RKLE

Post by bayoubengal »

Most Corps parks are 1/2 price based on Golden Age Passports. The Corps has started contracting out the running of the campgrounds, I haven't been to one yet that hasn't accepted it. The Guide to Corps of Engineers Campgrounds gives you all the info you need for each of the parks. I purchased on line for $13.95 and it has been a valuable tool. Prices range from $6 to $24 (full price) depending on amenities and campsite. Most all have electric, but most don't have water at sites. We haven't been to many Corps campgrounds we didn't like. Arkansas has some of the best.
Vince & Kim
2011 Silverado 3500HD LTZ, SRW, D/A, Extended Cab, LB
2008 31RKLE
Nights Camped:
'02--74 '06--122 '10--24
'03--59 '07--47 '11--44
'04--83 '08--98 '12--76
'05--99 '09--84
Luizianna

Post by Luizianna »

Tar Camp in Arkansas is a really really nice campgrounds...water and elect..no sewer right on the Arkansas river, very nice...we paid $7.00 a night about 2 years ago. See the nice roof over the concrete picnic table...there was also a fish cleaning station there too

lindabud another meber here has high praise for the COE parks in Texas also....
markj
Cardinal Owners: Cardinal 31RKLE

Post by markj »

I will be able to buy the "America the beautiful" pass come July! :ymdevil: :-s

I've considered joining Coast to Coast or RPI; but now it looks like I'll join camp club usa & COE--based on what I'm reading at this site. :thumbrt:

Question: has anyone traveled thru many states and found COE camps numerous enough that you can usually camp at one if you want to along the way through the state? Also, Camp club USA--half price parks--any problem with availability at either park? Thanks, Mark
2007 Cardinal 31RKLE
Hijacker 21K underfloor mount
Fifth Airborne pin box
2006 Ford F350 PSD extended cab
1990 Seaswirl fishing boat!
Kiki (the cat)
brittontn
Cardinal Owners: 2016 Cardinal 3875 FB

Post by brittontn »

We live in TN where there are many Corps campgrounds. We picked up "Camping with the Corps" directory at Camping World. Very good guide. Golden Age Pass is truly golden to us retirees.
Robert & Connie Britton
08 36RL
Dodge 3500 Short Bed
Me&Margie
Cardinal Owners: '07 31RKLE

Post by Me&Margie »

Mark: All you have to do, as was suggested, is get on the www.recreation.gov/ website and create a profile. We just recently came from Lake Melvern, KS, where we stayed at a COE park called Outlet. We made our reservations thru the website before we left home, and it cost us $17.00 a night for 4 nights. Can't beat that, plus the park was outstanding.
We are currently in Colorado Springs, Co., and headed for Montrose, Co tomorrow. Beautiful country down here!!

Marv
Marv & Margie
'07 Cardinal 31RKLE
'06 F-250 PSD S/C 4X2, Hijacker, Line-X.