Albuquerque, NM suggestions

What's Your Favorite Campground? Need Information on Fuel Prices, Campground Ratings, Campgrounds available in the area you are traveling??? This is the place to look!!

Moderator: Olbird

haulin Shamu

Albuquerque, NM suggestions

Post by haulin Shamu »

Any suggestions for CG in Albuquerque NM (need to be close to the airport).
R & D

Re: Albuquerque, NM suggestions

Post by R & D »

American RV Resort. It's just off of 40 west. We had our National rally there last Aug. Very nice place. To get to the airport you would just head east on 40 then exit onto 25 south for a few exits to the sunport.
When will you be here? We live in Los Alamos.
Don Wilson
Region Leader Admin
Cardinal Owners: 2019 3350

Re: Albuquerque, NM suggestions

Post by Don Wilson »

American RV Resort is a beautiful park and probably the most expensive of the three parks. They have a swimming pool, clubhouse and offer breakfast each morning. Shower, bathrooms and a laundry are also offered there. There are two others nearby that also might suit your needs.

High Desert RV Park is on the same road as American. It is a newer park, but with a few less amenities - no pool, no grass - but their rates are quite a bit lower. They have some trees, the grounds are clean, and they have self-contained toilet, sink and shower style bathrooms and limited laundry facilities which are clean and well maintained. I am not sure if they offer WiFi.

Enchanted Trails is an older park across I-40 (north side of Freeway next to Camping World). They have dirt sites, older trees, a swimming pool, laundry, clubhouse and WiFi. We like ET because it also offers lower rates. People are very friendly there.

The commute to the airport is about the same from each of these parks as they are on the west side of Albuquerque just off Interstate 40 on Paseo del Volcan exit. It is about 11 miles from there to the airport - I-40 to I-25 south to the airport exit.

The fourth option is Albuquerque KOA on I-40 east at Juan Tabo exit - east side of Albuquerque. It's been quite a while since we stayed there but it is a typical KOA - rates are probably higher than the other three on Paseo del Volcan.

The commute from the KOA on Juan Tabo is west on I-40 to south I-25 - this crosses Albuquerque - and it can get pretty busy and crowded during the commute hours. Coming in from the west side is usually less crowded with traffic at most hours of the day. The one exchange I-40 to I-25 can be busy and will have to be taken regardless which side you come from.

Don Wilson
We don't know a stranger only friends we haven't met yet!

Don
2019 Cardinal 3350RLX Luxury Edition
2014 Dodge 3500 2WD DRW Long Bed

2023 Nights Camped 33
2022 Nights Camped 24
2021 Nights Camped 46

Rallies Attended - 50
Frog - 5