Need Recommendations for WA campsites

What's Your Favorite Campground? Need Information on Fuel Prices, Campground Ratings, Campgrounds available in the area you are traveling??? This is the place to look!!

Moderator: Olbird

mikenmarge

Need Recommendations for WA campsites

Post by mikenmarge »

I already started another topic and addressed it to those living in Washington. I'm still not able to find some good RV parks in the Olympic Peninsula area of WA State. There doesn't seem to be too many highly rated campgrounds up there. Here is a copy of the post I just listed on the other topic. If anyone can give us some ideas on input, we'd really appreciate it. Here's the copy: :?

I'm still running around in circles trying to decide on where we will stay as we go up around the Olympic Peninsula. Almost all of the National parks have a 21 ft limit. Even some of the private parks have limits on size. So I am listing below some RV parks that I've read about and can't really find much in the way of pictures. None have really high ratings, but sometimes those are not accurate. Could anyone that has stayed at any of the parks I list below let us know what you thought about them or what you may have heard? Thanks so much. We'd really appreciate it. During the time of year we are going, we may not need a reservation, but since there may be 3 rigs and some of the parks are small, we want to have the res. to be safe. Here is the list. Marge & Mike

Near Port Townsand:
Fort Worden State Campground
Hudson Pt/National Landing

Near Port Angeles:
KOA of Pt. Angeles
Crescent Beach (looks like you park on dead grass and gravel?) But nice view?
Shadow Mountain
mikenmarge

Re: Need Recommendations for WA campsites

Post by mikenmarge »

OOPS! Somehow a few RV Parks that I wanted listed didn't show up on the previous note. Here they are below. Thanks again.

Rainbows Edge
Sequim Bay Resort
Gilgal Oasis RV Park
Chief409
Mojave Desert
Cardinal Owners: 2007 30WBLE

Re: Need Recommendations for WA campsites

Post by Chief409 »

My sister got this from the host at the Verlot USFS campground in the Mt. Baker National Forest east of Granite Falls and sent it to me yesterday. I'd asked her to check the campground for me as we're planning a trip back to the Great Soggy next year.

http://www.hoodoo.com/rv_usfs_campgrounds.htm

The rating system is neat, 5 means the campground is large RV friendly, 1 means take a pop-up trailer.

It appears the USFS has been improving the campgrounds over the years since I was last back home, at least in some areas.
Jeff & Terry
U.S.N. Ret
2012 F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 Diesel Dually, Crew Cab, LWB, 50 gal Transfer Flow toolbox/tank
2007 Cardinal 30WBLE, "the 'Bird", ONAN gen.
The more I see in my travels, the more I realize there is so much more to see.