Oregon Coast Campgrounds

What's Your Favorite Campground? Need Information on Fuel Prices, Campground Ratings, Campgrounds available in the area you are traveling??? This is the place to look!!

Moderator: Olbird

Mike Clay
Council, Administrator
Cardinal Owners: 2016 3850RL Estate
Skype ID: Mike-Clay

Re: Oregon Coast Campgrounds

Post by Mike Clay »

Ah yes Moes, and Rogue brewery num.
Mike, Susanna & Rudy
2016 3850RL Estate "Proto Grigio"
2019 Silverado 3500HD Dually D/A 4x4 LTZ
My dreams are too big for my wallet
Rallies attended - 32

Nights camping in 2013:159 2014:269 2015:Full Timers
BoonesRV
Cardinal Owners: CAF30MK 2009

Post by BoonesRV »

When we were in Brookings, we stayed at Harris Beach State Park. Great place! Then you can go in to Brookings for groceries, seafood, etc.

Carol
2009 Cardinal CAF30MK
Mike and Jo Anne
Cardinal Owners: Cardinal, 2006, 30' with 3 slide's

Post by Mike and Jo Anne »

We are at Brookings now. But we are at the Port of Brookings, we do have a view of the ocean and really nice neighbors, but the park its self has a lot to be desired. We were suppose to stay here for 2 weeks but I think we'll go back up north and look for something at Gold Beach or go south and look in California, for our 2nd week. This reminds me of cruising spot for the teen crowd. Guess we're getting old, :|
Carol we will go take a look at Harris Beach, but everything that seems to be a state park has been full down the coast.

Jo Anne
2000 Ford 350, Lariat, 2W,V10, 4.30r, crew cab, w/banks system
2006, 30' Cardinal 3/slides
Good Sam Life Members
We travel with our Dog Zoe-ee (Vizsla)
mikenmarge

Post by mikenmarge »

In Astoria we stayed at Fort Stevens State Park It was beautiful and very large sites. There were mosquitos there when we went, but since it's later in the season, it may not be bad. You could call and check with the Park Rangers. It is worth seeing. Very close to there is the Astoria/Warrenton/SeasideKOA It was a nice park and easy to get to. Good location for sightseeing. Of course, we stayed at Winchester Bay RV Resort that we went to with some Cardinal members last year or year before last. That was a GREAT place, with views from all angles. We are going to stop there for a couple of nights on our way home from the Olympic Peninsula in early October. There is another KOA south of Newport, more in Waldport, that we stayed at. We asked for a ocean view site and it was great, but the ones that are not up on top with the view were not as nice. We've stayed in Gold Beach many times. Four Seasons RV Park is really nice, but it's inland from the ocean along the Rogue River. Also Kimball Creek Bend RV Resortis very nice. Also inland on the Rogue, but just a few miles off Hwy 101. If you take an inland route heading through Oregon, we loved a park in Lebanon, OR, called Gill's Landing RV Park. It's right off I-5. We stayed at Ireland's RV park on the coast at Gold Beach. We were not impressed. It was ok, but not great. Also inland in Grants Pass are some great parks, so if you do go inland, let us know and I'll send those to you. Have fun and be safe. You guys have been gone a long time. Sounds like a good trip.
Marge :lol:
Mike and Jo Anne
Cardinal Owners: Cardinal, 2006, 30' with 3 slide's

Post by Mike and Jo Anne »

Thanks Marge for the information. We have stayed at the KOA in Warrington before and it was nice, great area to visit. We are getting use to our Beach Front RV park, at the Port of Brookings. As long as you don't want to use the facilities your OK. We found a good laundry up the hill. Zoe is loving the runs on the beach. We finally bought one of those retractable leashes so she can snoop more. But if no one is around Mike can let her loose to run and play. She's been a great traveler, except for having to have surgery in Santa Fe, for a growth under her jaw (benign). She got to spend our stimulus money. and then in Pony Soldier Campground close to Fort Laramie, Wyo she found a barbwire fence to go through and had to have 9 stitches in various places on her side. Very expensive dog.
We're going to be on the Southern Oregon Coast till the 22nd of Aug and then head into California. Someone told us to stay at the Mad River RV Park in Arcadia. Has anyone stayed there?
Take care

Jo Anne
2000 Ford 350, Lariat, 2W,V10, 4.30r, crew cab, w/banks system
2006, 30' Cardinal 3/slides
Good Sam Life Members
We travel with our Dog Zoe-ee (Vizsla)
mikenmarge

Post by mikenmarge »

Oh my, Zoe, you have had a rough time of it. Our Charlie (the Golden Retriever we had before River), has a vet in southern Washington that he's seen twice and another one in Oregon. Yes, they can get expensive. Sounds like your trip has been good except for those side visits for Zoe. We have had a real long retractable leash for River for a long time. It is the longer model, I believe 20 ft., but I'm not sure. When the beaches at Shaver Lake were too crowded on weekends, we let him swim out for his ball with the leash attached. Otherwise we found a deserted beach and let him run and swim unleashed. As you know, River is not real friendly with other dogs, so I don't want to have him unleashed unless we are truly in a deserted area. Especially small dogs. Living chained to a tree for 2 1/2 years and having to chase off everything from coyotes, squirrels, rabbits and deer, from taking the little food he had, he somehow thinks everything on 4 legs is bad. So we are careful. He loves people and kids. Funny that it was a human's fault that he was treated that way, but he loves everyone.
We have not heard of Mad River RV Park. What is it near? I couldn't find it in the book. Let us know where you end up and give us the details. We are always looking for new places that are nice. (I edited this reply after I posted it because I had the wrong name of the campground you were referring too. Sorry!! :ymblushing:
Marge