Ainsworth State Park Or.

What's Your Favorite Campground? Need Information on Fuel Prices, Campground Ratings, Campgrounds available in the area you are traveling??? This is the place to look!!

Moderator: Olbird

graham
Cardinal Owners: 2007 (cardinal) 31 RKLE tow vehicle 2006 dodge 3500 w/ ctd 6 speed manual W/ jake cool air box , no mufflr(sp?) onan 5500 gen set (lp) in 5er
Skype ID: ok to contact

Ainsworth State Park Or.

Post by graham »

Any one been to Ainsworth State Park in Or. we are going to Bandon OR. Oct 5 for a few days and then we will head north to the Columbia River area last time we stayed in Troutdale at Sandy Beach but we want to go someplace else any input? thanks Graham & Judy
Graham & Judy Winter 2007 Cardinal 31 RKLE 5500 onan lp gen set 06 Dodge Big Horn slt Cummins turbo 6speed man.trans w/ jake
Mike Clay
Council, Administrator
Cardinal Owners: 2016 3850RL Estate
Skype ID: Mike-Clay

Re: Ainsworth State Park Or.

Post by Mike Clay »

Its not a bad park very pretty area only thing as with most parks along the gorge is the TRAIN Dont know how old you guys are but if you remember the old I love Lucy show with the train coming by the hotel they were in thats about it. But that being said my wife loves to hear the trains.
Mike, Susanna & Rudy
2016 3850RL Estate "Proto Grigio"
2019 Silverado 3500HD Dually D/A 4x4 LTZ
My dreams are too big for my wallet
Rallies attended - 32

Nights camping in 2013:159 2014:269 2015:Full Timers
graham
Cardinal Owners: 2007 (cardinal) 31 RKLE tow vehicle 2006 dodge 3500 w/ ctd 6 speed manual W/ jake cool air box , no mufflr(sp?) onan 5500 gen set (lp) in 5er

Post by graham »

Thanks Mike, Im 57 Judy is 53, that lucy show is one of our favorites , love it when Ethle comes out of the bath with tooth paste allover her face. We want to stay in the canyon and dont mind the train noise if it isnt too close. one campground we checked on said the R.R. tracks were 10 yds. from the park, Thats too close. dont know where else to stay. we want to ride the boat at Cascade Locks again & see the falls again,. then we will continue east to 97 & head south to Bend. then home sometime. any other suggestions on canyon campgrounds? thanks for the reply . graham
Graham & Judy Winter 2007 Cardinal 31 RKLE 5500 onan lp gen set 06 Dodge Big Horn slt Cummins turbo 6speed man.trans w/ jake
Mike Clay
Council, Administrator

Post by Mike Clay »

If your going east up the gorge stay in Boardman at the city park I will go find the link for you its suppose to be really nice.
Mike, Susanna & Rudy
Rallies attended - 32

Mike Clay
Council, Administrator

Post by Mike Clay »

Mike, Susanna & Rudy
Rallies attended - 32

Mike Clay
Council, Administrator

Post by Mike Clay »

Sheesh i did not read your cutting off at Biggs but if your going to Bend here is a wonderful park a little spendy but really nice
http://crownvillarvresort.com/

We stay in Verdi NV about every other year we will give you a shout if we are in that area PLUS check out the Jackson Rally not to far from you in Jackson CA.
2010 Jackson Rally
Mike, Susanna & Rudy
Rallies attended - 32

graham

Post by graham »

Mike, thanks for youre time,Boardman looks real nice, I looked at on google might check it out NO r r tracks that I could see! also we checked out Crown Villa last time we were in Bend REAL nice but a bit too much $ for us we usualy go down to La Pine & stay at the State park real nice & only $17 a nite for full hook ups we love the Oregon State parks always nice!!! & good prices. Havebeen tring to get in at Beverly Beach for the first part of the week we will see how it goes. also if youre in Verdi or any where else in this area CALL us
Rob & Cathy

Post by Rob & Cathy »

graham wrote: then we will continue east to 97 & head south to Bend. then home sometime. any other suggestions on canyon campgrounds? thanks for the reply . graham
Hi Graham. if you're going to head east to 97 you could cross the river at 97 into Washington and stay at the Maryhill State Park. I've never been there but I've heard excellent reports from multiple campers. http://www.parks.wa.gov/parks/?selected ... bject=maps

Rob
graham

Post by graham »

Rob, Mayhill looks GREAT, now we cant make up our mind!!!! so many wonderful spots. I know for sure we will be staying at valley of the rogue in medford mon. nite,(had to wate for the snow to melt!!! 6" at our house last nite.) then we will go to Bullards beach in Bandon for a nite or so then to Beverly Beach ,then up to the Columbia gourge (sp?) . after all is said and done , we will end up at Jackson Ranchieria for a day or so. we love that place and its only 2 hours from home .a little out of the way from hwy. 97 but Idont mind the drive. we tried to make the rally last year but the rig was in the shop (toilet problems) will try to make the next one,. even if we just drive over in the car.I drive a truck part time and never know my schedule much in advance. :cry: :cry:
Rob & Cathy

Post by Rob & Cathy »

Hi Graham, we stay at the Valley of the Rogue River State Park every time we are traveling to or from California, it's a very nice park. I don't know how you're planning to go from the coast to the gorge but if you want to stop in between I highly recommend Champoeg State Park between Salem and Portland. http://www.oregonstateparks.org/park_113.php

Rob
graham

Post by graham »

Rob,thank you ,Champoeg looks Great, as all the parks in Or.. we spent the nite Mon. at Valley of the Rogue
real nice!!! then we decided to go right to Beverly Beach and skip bullards beach Good plan!!! we got to Bev. Beach around noon. Drove in , all the way to G loop (in the back) the host said their were some sites avail. for 1 or 2 nites. thats all. (its tues. ) Then he said that the host for C loop didnt show up soooo. he said if we didnt mind being at the front of the campground and mabe being bothered by an ocaisonal KNOCK AT THE DOOR.THEN SITE C 2 (THE HOST SITE ) WAS OUR BEST BET. SO WE IMMEDIATELY went to site C2 and set up. we have full hook ups 50 amp. water, sewer, elect., WIFI>!! cable TV>even phone (but im sure they would cg. extra for this ) besides we have cell,s. ) ALL this for $19.00 per. nite!!! our BIRD backs up to Spencer Creek, We can walk to the beach, it dosent get any better!!!Oh we also have a nice wood deck ,a pavers patio, that are right outside the door!!!and a sign that sais CAMP HOST, OFF DUTY :thumbrt: :thumbrt: :thumbrt: LOVE OREGON!!! AND OF COURSE THE U> S> A> The Park Ranger said this site doesnt show up on the compuiter so stay as long as we want!!! (within reason ) we will head home sun. or mon or at least by thurs. Guess we will have to come back real soon to check out all the sites you guys have told us about!! thanks again to all. (lot to see around here)
Mike Clay
Council, Administrator

Post by Mike Clay »

That is a great park
Mike, Susanna & Rudy
Rallies attended - 32

Rob & Cathy

Post by Rob & Cathy »

graham wrote:Then he said that the host for C loop didnt show up soooo. he said if we didnt mind being at the front of the campground and mabe being bothered by an ocaisonal KNOCK AT THE DOOR.THEN SITE C 2 (THE HOST SITE ) WAS OUR BEST BET. SO WE IMMEDIATELY went to site C2 and set up. we have full hook ups 50 amp. water, sewer, elect., WIFI>!! cable TV>even phone (but im sure they would cg. extra for this ) besides we have cell,s. ) ALL this for $19.00 per. nite!!! our BIRD backs up to Spencer Creek, We can walk to the beach, it dosent get any better!!!Oh we also have a nice wood deck ,a pavers patio, that are right outside the door!!!and a sign that sais CAMP HOST, OFF DUTY :thumbrt: :thumbrt: :thumbrt: LOVE OREGON!!! AND OF COURSE THE U> S> A> The Park Ranger said this site doesnt show up on the compuiter so stay as long as we want!!! (within reason ) we will head home sun. or mon or at least by thurs. Guess we will have to come back real soon to check out all the sites you guys have told us about!! thanks again to all. (lot to see around here)
WOW, some people have all the luck! :thumbrt:

Rob