Idaho area-Northern part-Campground Question

What's Your Favorite Campground? Need Information on Fuel Prices, Campground Ratings, Campgrounds available in the area you are traveling??? This is the place to look!!

Moderator: Olbird

mikenmarge

Idaho area-Northern part-Campground Question

Post by mikenmarge »

Mike & I are thinking about going through Idaho on our way to meet up with the Cardinal Group. We loved the Lake Pend Oreille area, Sandpoint, and Coeur d' Alene area when we were there some years ago. Also Mike is looking for a good fishing area plus I'm anxious for the scenic areas. The camping books, Trailer Life and Woodalls didn't show much in the Ponderay/Sandpoint area. At least none with high ratings. We'd like to be either on the lake or one of the rivers. I did see a high rated RV Park in the Coeur d Alene area, but not a lot of them. For those of you in that area or who travel there, do you have any suggestions on nice RV parks. We are spoiled, I guess, as we like all the ammenities and the scenic thing too. Thanks for suggestions. :bounce:
david_iona

Re: Idaho area-Northern part-Campground Question

Post by david_iona »

In the Coeur D' Alene area we stayed at Alpine Country RV Park this past summer. It is a small park with larger spaces and full hook-ups. The park is quiet and only about 8 miles up highway 95 from the Coeur D' Alene area. On weekends it gets a little more busy and noisy because the people from Spokane Wa come over to stay and use the big water park up the road a few miles. The Blackwell Island RV Park is right on the river in Couer D' Alene but has little shade. We have not stayed there but drove through and looked it over. Couer D' Alene RV Resort in Post Falls is a nice park just off the Interstate. Post Falls is adjacent to Couer D' Alene they just kind of flow together. We have not stayed in the Sandpoint area but if you come through that area on state highways towards Montana we can recommend a great park on the Clark Fork River in Thompson Falls Montana, Birdland RV Park. I will keep thinking about that area and try to remember some other good stops.