Pirateland?

What's Your Favorite Campground? Need Information on Fuel Prices, Campground Ratings, Campgrounds available in the area you are traveling??? This is the place to look!!

Moderator: Olbird

Kevin t
Cardinal Owners: M-28RKB LX

Pirateland?

Post by Kevin t »

Thinking of going to Pirateland RV resort in Myrtle Beach SC over Easter. Anyone been there with suggestions?
Tim

Re: Pirateland?

Post by Tim »

I have not been to Pirateland so can't help you there. We usually go to Ocean Lakes Campground because it has pull through sites and my rig is kind of long. I also prefer it because it has concrete pads. About four more dollars a night, but well worth it. Tim
bigbunkhouse
Cardinal Owners: 2007 362BHS

Post by bigbunkhouse »

We realize that everybody is different and aren't knocking it but I would much rather fight with trees and backins on dirt than be in a pull thru on concrete, my dad says it is because we are "young and stupid", same thing he said when I put wood windows and siding on my house. We are 58'10" long but I am in denial and am trying to convince myself that we are "camping" not RVing----seems the microwave, king size bed, and central hvac remind me eveytime. Most places try to put us in open pull thrus on pads and we usually say if we wanted that Walmart is free.

Camp long and prosper
2007 362bhs Cardinal (The mobile vacation home)
99 f350 4dr dually v-10 Lb 2wd 4.30 locker (Big Dually)
Dogs: Elvis and Priscilla
Me (Matt), Wifey (Jana), (Julia)14 year old daughter and ***SHYANNE*** born 8/12/10
Tim

Post by Tim »

Bunkhouse, You can have the dirt any day. Had enough of that during 27+ years in the Army.
bigbunkhouse
Cardinal Owners: 2007 362BHS

Post by bigbunkhouse »

For now dirty is it but I will probably outgrow it

:thumbrt:
2007 362bhs Cardinal (The mobile vacation home)
99 f350 4dr dually v-10 Lb 2wd 4.30 locker (Big Dually)
Dogs: Elvis and Priscilla
Me (Matt), Wifey (Jana), (Julia)14 year old daughter and ***SHYANNE*** born 8/12/10
flojoe
Cardinal Owners: 08 33SB LE

Post by flojoe »

We rode through Pirateland looking at the sites, but came out preferring Ocean Lakes. Ocean Lakes has dirt sites, sites with trees, ocean view sites, concrete pad sites, just about any kind of site you can think of. We also like Briarcliffe, but I think you have to be a member of a camping club (like Camp Club USA) to stay there. We belong to Camp Club USA (sold through Camping World).
'08 33SB LE Cardinal Fifth Wheel
'05 Dodge 3500 Diesel, 2WD, SB
Rob & Cathy

Post by Rob & Cathy »

bigbunkhouse wrote:For now dirty is it but I will probably outgrow it :thumbrt:
I don't know Matt, if I had to choose between between a manicured RV resort or a state park I would choose the state park more times than not.

Rob
Traveler II
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2008 30 TS
Skype ID: User name: janestonge46 (iChat only)
Skype name: jane-stonge

Post by Traveler II »

I like the state and national parks the best, but I do miss the full hook-ups. We can go about 6-7 days before we need to dump tanks---if we're careful. Sometimes we just want to stay in a place longer, than we pick a private CG.
Jim & Jane
2014 Ford 350 King Ranch, Trailer Saver BD3 Air Hitch, IS Suspension, Disk Brakes
Nights camped in 2012: 142
Nights camped in 2013: 186
Nights camped in 2014: 185
Nights camped in 2015: 232
Nights camped in 2016: 165
Chief409
Mojave Desert
Cardinal Owners: 2007 30WBLE

Post by Chief409 »

If we're going someplace new, I'll reserve a spot at a RV Resort and scout alternative parks, without the 'Bird, for the next trip. The one time I didn't do that was last summer at a USFS campground, and it was interesting getting the 'Bird into the spot. If it hadn't been the 4th of July I would of checked with the camp host and moved to another spot. But it WAS worth the work (and the small tears in the roof from a branch). :)

We do prefer anything other then the resorts though. Rustic in the mountains or on the beach, without the fancy clubhouse and swimming pool we don't use. After 4 to 6 days we need to dump the tanks, top off the fresh water and refill a propane bottle or 2 if we've been using the generator/furnace.
Jeff & Terry
U.S.N. Ret
2012 F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 Diesel Dually, Crew Cab, LWB, 50 gal Transfer Flow toolbox/tank
2007 Cardinal 30WBLE, "the 'Bird", ONAN gen.
The more I see in my travels, the more I realize there is so much more to see.
Tim

Post by Tim »

Kevin, If you are still trying to decide where to go, think about going south about 15 more miles and go to Huntington Beach State Park. Check out this link for more information: http://southcarolinaparks.com/park-find ... /1020.aspx
Shoemaker's
Cardinal Owners: 2006 312BHLE

Post by Shoemaker's »

We took our 'Bird to Pirateland for the first time Sept 13-18th this year. We stayed on the road side of the lake, the weather was still pretty warm that week, the shade was nice. On the ocean side of the lake there are no trees, full sun daylight to dark. It is a very clean campground with all the usual amenities. All of the campgrounds in the area have the same amenities, it is really a matter of personal preference. Next time we go back we'll stay there again.
Timothy, Sabrina, Adrian, & Austin
Knucklehead (Boxer)
2003 F-250 Lariat CC FX4 w/7.3 Powerstroke
2006 Cardinal 312BHLE
B&W Companion