RV Parks Little Rock, Arkansas

What's Your Favorite Campground? Need Information on Fuel Prices, Campground Ratings, Campgrounds available in the area you are traveling??? This is the place to look!!

Moderator: Olbird

Traveler II
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2008 30 TS
Skype ID: User name: janestonge46 (iChat only)
Skype name: jane-stonge

RV Parks Little Rock, Arkansas

Post by Traveler II »

Our son and family are moving from Minnesota to Little Rock, Arkansas this summer. We looking for some suggestions for an RV Park that we could stay at and also some suggestions on where we can store our Bird. We are thinking that instead of storing ours in Minnesota and heading out in the winter at below “0” from there we would drive to Little Rock visit the kids and head out from there for the rest of the winter. We usually travel 3-5 months a year during the winter.

Thanks for the help.
Jim & Jane
2014 Ford 350 King Ranch, Trailer Saver BD3 Air Hitch, IS Suspension, Disk Brakes
Nights camped in 2012: 142
Nights camped in 2013: 186
Nights camped in 2014: 185
Nights camped in 2015: 232
Nights camped in 2016: 165
navybanker

Re: RV Parks Little Rock, Arkansas

Post by navybanker »

We stayed at the Downtown Riverside park owned by the city of North Little Rock on March 11th. This is actually right on the Arkansas river just across from downtown Little Rock. You are across the river from the Clinton Library. Easy in and out if you miss the rush hour. You can walk across the river to downtown Little Rock on a pedestrian bridge. I think the price with the discount with AAA was $24. They have full hookups. The only downside was it rained and they need more gravel on the parking sites. The streets are paved. But, you will not mire the trailer in the mud so not that bad. Just got muddy shoes.
Traveler II
exempt member

Post by Traveler II »

Thanks, is this type of park you would want to stay for a month or more?
Jim & Jane
2014 Ford 350 King Ranch, Trailer Saver BD3 Air Hitch, IS Suspension, Disk Brakes
navybanker

Post by navybanker »

I 'm not sure you would want to be there on a long term basis. The sites are all gravel and close together. I don't remember a pool or things for youngsters to do in the park. We enjoyed it since it is right on the river with easy access to downtown. It is a new park and still being improved on. There are walking and bike trails nearby. There is a "river" walk across the river but again we stayed one night and drove over for dinner at Cajun's Wharf, which we highly recommend. We saw a trolley near the park but didn't obtain any info on it. The people at the office were very helpful and have a lot of local info available. We stayed one night. You would need to carefully supervise young children since it is right on the bank!
Don Wilson
Region Leader Admin
Cardinal Owners: 2019 3350

Post by Don Wilson »

We stayed there for three days in late September 2009. It is right on the river and under the bridge linking Little Rock and North Little Rock but we really didn't notice much noise. It more than served our needs it had good wifi but there are not any real amenities. The showers and bathrooms are located in portable facilities and as stated by Navybanker the sites are gravel but they were level. We spent one evening out looking at the lights of Little Rock and boats on the river. They do have an area with picnic tables under a canopy where you could have an evening meal but it was not anything fancy. The people who run it are very helpful with places to visit and directions. He is a former Little Rock policeman and got us to laces better than a GPS.

The thing about the Little Rock area is there are not very many places to stay in RV's and even though it was not a resort by any means I would stay there again! I would recommend the Whole Hog Restaurant for their ribs! :thumbrt: umm umm!

Don
We don't know a stranger only friends we haven't met yet!

Don
2019 Cardinal 3350RLX Luxury Edition
2014 Dodge 3500 2WD DRW Long Bed

2023 Nights Camped 33
2022 Nights Camped 24
2021 Nights Camped 46

Rallies Attended - 50
Frog - 5
Traveler II
exempt member

Post by Traveler II »

Thanks to everyone for the information. And thanks Don for the suggesting the Whole Hog Restaurant. Better than an place to stay while visiting our family, it's having a good list of places to eat.

The bad news is our kids and grandkids are moving from our home area (fact is we just moved back to Minnesota 5 years ago to be by them), the good news we have neat new places to see and explore. Our son is moving to Little Rock and our Daughter and her family are moving to Monetary, California.

Anyone want to buy a house in Minnesota, guarantee, no bugs in the winter and the house is on a 1,800 acer lake. Maybe we'll stay, it is nice in the summer.
Jim & Jane
Traveler II
exempt member

Post by Traveler II »

On our way home to Minnesota from Florida we decided to detour to Little Rock and check it out. But first we're going to spend a few days in Memphis to get some good music and food.

I love being retired, in my next live I'm going to do it first. :ympeace: :-bd :))
Jim & Jane
Don Wilson
Region Leader Admin
Cardinal Owners: 2019 3350

Post by Don Wilson »

If you want ribs I would recommend Interstate Barbecue 2265 South 3rd Street Memphis, it is a couple of miles out of downtown Memphis but well worth the drive
www.interstatebarbecue.com

Torben and Patty who were in Memphis a couple of days ahead of us last fall ate ribs at Rendezvous Charles Vargos 52 South 2nd Street, Memphis and said they were really good as well.
www.hogsfly.com

You have probably been to Memphis before but most people stay at Tom Sawyer RV Park in West Memphis Arkansas
www.tomsawyersrvpark.com

I also agree it is nice being retired and I think you are right in the next life we should retire first. :thumbrt: :ymapplause:

Don
We don't know a stranger only friends we haven't met yet!

Don
2019 Cardinal 3350RLX Luxury Edition
2014 Dodge 3500 2WD DRW Long Bed

2023 Nights Camped 33
2022 Nights Camped 24
2021 Nights Camped 46

Rallies Attended - 50
Frog - 5
Torben

Post by Torben »

Jim when you go to Memphis a must see is the March of the ducks in the lobby of the Peabody Hotel in downtown Memphis. If I remember correctly it's at 11 AM and again at 5 PM when they return to their "condo" . Google the Peabody Hotel and it will tell all about it. :thumbrt:

Traveler II
exempt member

Post by Traveler II »

Today we arrived at the Little Rock KOA we'll take a few days exploring and maybe looking for a place to store our Bird down here instead of Minnesota.
Jim & Jane
Traveler II
exempt member

Post by Traveler II »

Time to head to Minnesota. We've had a good stay in Little Rock. We were looking for a place to store our rig this fall down here rather than Minnesota and found several places with indoor storage. We signed up for one and will be all set for next winter. We can drive down here this fall see our family put the Bird in storage. Come winter head down with the truck and not have to load up in -0 weather, see our family and head out for the rest of the winter.

I love it when a plan comes together.
Jim & Jane
BMullins46
Cardinal Owners: 06 Cardinal 31RKT; 2016 XLR 385AMP
2012 Ford F350 DRW, Lariat 6.7 Diesel.

Post by BMullins46 »

ALL RIGHT!!

Ya'll drive careful going back up North. Just be sure to send all your money to Xcel. They're going to need it to pay our severance packages down here in a couple months. We go word today the sale of the Lubbock properties is on the "Fast Track" at the PUC and should be approved in the next 60 to 90 days. Pray I don't get offered a job, I'm ready to retire and join you happy traveling campers.
Bill
Bill & Debbie
06 31RKT, MorRyde LRE/4000; 2016 XLR 385AMP
2012 F350 DRW 4X2 Lariat, 6.7 Diesel, TransferFlow aux fuel tank
Fur babies, Betty and Cocoa
Nights camping
2011-102; '12-111; '13-89; '14-108; '15-142; '16-92; '17-163; '18-81
Traveler II
exempt member

Post by Traveler II »

We've been sending $ to Xcel this winter even though we haven't been home, need to keep the pipes from freezing. The truth is our energy bills aren't to bad, and we're glad to help fellow Cardinal owners look forward to retirement. But if you need windows make sure you use Andersen Windows so you help my retirement.
Jim & Jane