Bird is back in the nest.

What's Your Favorite Campground? Need Information on Fuel Prices, Campground Ratings, Campgrounds available in the area you are traveling??? This is the place to look!!

Moderator: Olbird

snoking

Bird is back in the nest.

Post by snoking »

Well, we left Gold Canyon, Az Tuesday at 8:45AM and drove a little over 500 miles to the Orange Grove in Bakersfield, Ca. Then it was 400 plus to the Rolling HIlls Casio in Corning, Ca. Then over the Siskiyou's on a good day and into Wilsonville, Or to Pheasant Ridge RV Resort, a 456 mile day. Up early this morning to beat the strong winds and drove in rain most of the way home ahead of the major storm getting home at 11:40am and 250 some miles. 1642 miles in four days! Good to be home!

Bird did good and nest was fine when we got home!

Mileage varied for a low of 10.3 (Quartzite to Palmdale - really strong head winds in Palm Springs area, and climbing the hill on 215/15 to Palmdale) to a high of 13.24. Average was around 12.5.

Chris
Rob & Cathy

Re: Bird is back in the nest.

Post by Rob & Cathy »

Welcome back to the rain and wind Chris. That sounds like quite a run back to the nest.

Rob
Chief409
Mojave Desert
Cardinal Owners: 2007 30WBLE

Post by Chief409 »

Chris, lot's of miles a day! We'll be up that way in July, staying at Lake Goodwin and visiting family for a week. Started out with just Terry and I, now we have two Grandkids traveling with us, from Maine, both teenagers. :|
Jeff & Terry
U.S.N. Ret
2012 F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 Diesel Dually, Crew Cab, LWB, 50 gal Transfer Flow toolbox/tank
2007 Cardinal 30WBLE, "the 'Bird", ONAN gen.
The more I see in my travels, the more I realize there is so much more to see.
snoking

Post by snoking »

Yeah!
We have found that after 4+ months in the trailer, we just want to get home. Stopping at 2 or 3 in the afternoon seems a waste, so we keep going for another couple hours. But! Now we are going to stay in the trailer for most another month while the kitchen gets remodeled here at home.

Then we are book back in Gold Canyon in Oct for 5 months!!!!

Chris