Rincon Parkway

What's Your Favorite Campground? Need Information on Fuel Prices, Campground Ratings, Campgrounds available in the area you are traveling??? This is the place to look!!

Moderator: Olbird

Torben

Rincon Parkway

Post by Torben »

The last two days we camped at one of the most beautiful places on the California coast called Rincon Parkway. Its on the old hwy 1 between Ventura and Santa Barbara , and yes you do park along the side of the road in spots that are marked . Each space is about 48ft long. Just two miles down the road people pay millions of dollars for the view , but because of owning a RV (Cardinal) we get to enjoy the same view for just a few dollars a night. It 's dry camping only. Here is a few pictures to give you an idea. Last night, Ojai Ben, a new member stopped when he saw our Cardinal, he was looking for a spot for the week-end, had a great visit with him..

Double D's
Cardinal Owners: 2013 3675 Cardinal 5th Wheel

Re: Rincon Parkway

Post by Double D's »

Oh, Torben! I am LUSTING after that sunset pic! I wanna GO there!!!! You guys sure do get to see lots of things that the rest of us can only DREAM of seeing! (Hey, thanks AGAIN for the cookies! They are wonderful!)
http://www.ddbalfanz.blogspot.com/

Double D's - Dennis and Donna

2013 Cardinal 3675- The "Double D Retreat"
Trail Air Pin Box and Suspension
2007 Chevy Dually 3500, Duramax
Rallies - 20
Days out in 2015- 145
Days out in 2014 - 71
Days out in 2013 - 187 Alaska
Chief409
Mojave Desert
Cardinal Owners: 2007 30WBLE

Post by Chief409 »

Thanks for the info Torben! Only 2 hours away - can't beat that.

Any good time to arrive there to get a space for a weekend?
Jeff & Terry
U.S.N. Ret
2012 F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 Diesel Dually, Crew Cab, LWB, 50 gal Transfer Flow toolbox/tank
2007 Cardinal 30WBLE, "the 'Bird", ONAN gen.
The more I see in my travels, the more I realize there is so much more to see.
Torben

Post by Torben »

Jeff - we usually go doing the week for three days and two nights, week-ends it is hard to get a spot. The best time is in the spring and fall not so busy. In the summer it is usually full and as you get a lot of fog. The charge you per 24 hours, so if you arrive at 3 in the afternoon you good until 3 the next day. There is 130 spots, we like the spots from about 90 and up, as you drive up the road the numbers get higher .
Chief409
Mojave Desert
Cardinal Owners: 2007 30WBLE

Post by Chief409 »

Thanks again Torbin. I think after this summers trip we'll be staying closer to home for awhile!
Jeff & Terry
U.S.N. Ret
2012 F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 Diesel Dually, Crew Cab, LWB, 50 gal Transfer Flow toolbox/tank
2007 Cardinal 30WBLE, "the 'Bird", ONAN gen.
The more I see in my travels, the more I realize there is so much more to see.
OjaiBen

Post by OjaiBen »

First of all,it was a joy to talk with Torben and Patty, I have read alot of posts from Torben and Patty, and have seen the beautiful pictures they post, talking with them was very genuine, and very caring folks, it made me feel very lucky to be a part of our Cardinal Club, I was on my way home and thought to take the Rincon Parkway , it is right along the beach, I was trying to check out some spots for the week end, and spotted the Cardinal, pulled over , and introduced myself, Torben was very nice as well as Patty, got to gab for about 30 minutes, and had to go, we are lucky to have members like them, and cant wait to meet other memebers, OjaiBen
Mike Clay
Council, Administrator
Cardinal Owners: 2016 3850RL Estate
Skype ID: Mike-Clay

Post by Mike Clay »

Torben and Patty are great people and we are very lucky to have members like them in the club. You will find lots of great members here, enjoy. :thumbrt:
Mike, Susanna & Rudy
2016 3850RL Estate "Proto Grigio"
2019 Silverado 3500HD Dually D/A 4x4 LTZ
My dreams are too big for my wallet
Rallies attended - 32

Nights camping in 2013:159 2014:269 2015:Full Timers
R & D

Post by R & D »

Beautiful! Okay, so now I have just added 1 more thing to do to our "Bucket List" :D
Don Wilson
Region Leader Admin
Cardinal Owners: 2019 3350

Post by Don Wilson »

Mike Clay wrote:Torben and Patty are great people and we are very lucky to have members like them in the club. You will find lots of great members here, enjoy. :thumbrt:
I would have to double what Mike has said about Torben and Patty if this group had ambassadors these are two people that would be the top of the list!

Don
We don't know a stranger only friends we haven't met yet!

Don
2019 Cardinal 3350RLX Luxury Edition
2014 Dodge 3500 2WD DRW Long Bed

2023 Nights Camped 33
2022 Nights Camped 24
2021 Nights Camped 46

Rallies Attended - 50
Frog - 5
mikenmarge

Post by mikenmarge »

Torben, I ck'd out the camping on Rincon Parkway website. It looks similar to the campsites along the highway at Avila Beach. Some people complained about it being right on the highway if you had children, etc. However, it looks like it would be the most glorious site to look out to the west and who cares about the east. lol I told Mike that I'd like to go there sometime and make it a week day, like you suggested. Marge :)