Any recommendations for New England CGs?

What's Your Favorite Campground? Need Information on Fuel Prices, Campground Ratings, Campgrounds available in the area you are traveling??? This is the place to look!!

Moderator: Olbird

rvlost

Any recommendations for New England CGs?

Post by rvlost »

We are heading to New England this fall -- Maine, VT, NH, MASS, RI. Any recommendations on CGs? Since we are rookies we prefer pull thrus and we are traveling with 2 kids a dog.

One campground I had chosen Normandy Farms was already booked for the end of Oct :(

Thanks!
jennyt

Post by jennyt »

Don & Sharon - Sorry nobody has given you any insight. I guess there's a bunch of people out travelling :shock: I'm not able to give you any info, but I thought I'd throw a post in here and see if it wakes anyone up. :lol: Hope that you can find some good advice, I'm sure at that time of the year there are so many great places to go.
campswithcritters
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2005 34RLT
Skype ID: campswithcritters

Post by campswithcritters »

Sorry no help here either. Have not done the northeast or far northwest yet, please do post nice ones or not so nice ones as you find them. We use trailer-life and wodall's directories for ratings (trailer-life is my preference), you might try one of those directories or the online campground directory linked from the front page of this site. Good luck and hope there is a rally up that way one of these years to introduce me to the area.
Bruce & Sharon Full-time since Nov 06
Boogie, & Jack ("the critters")
CritterRenter

Re: Any recommendations for New England CGs?

Post by CritterRenter »

rvlost wrote:We are heading to New England this fall -- Maine, VT, NH, MASS, RI. Any recommendations on CGs? Since we are rookies we prefer pull thrus and we are traveling with 2 kids a dog.
Sorry I can't help with CG's, but I used to work in Kingston, RI, many years ago. (before I got into RVing) Nice place, didn't think it was work. You may want to stay another night. 8)
rvlost

Post by rvlost »

Thanks for the responses. We do use Trailer Life, but I love having personal recommendations too -- sometimes I picture a place one way from the TL, and then it ends up being quite different. Anyway, we highly recommend NE in Sept -- it has been absolutely gorgeous. It is a bit cool, but with a little nip in the air and all those brilliant colors it is hard not to feel energized.

BTW, I post CG reviews on our website, www.rvlost.com -- 2 we recommend in NH -- Meredith Woods and Lantern. Lantern is great especially if you have kids under 12.
Anson

Post by Anson »

well one of the probs you may have is finding a campground that is open this time of year. most campgrounds shut down Oct 15 so you best look ahead before you go.
rvlost

Post by rvlost »

Anson,

Thanks, we just left NE, were there for about 2 months and it did get more challenging to find open CGs the longer we stayed. There were 2 in the Boston area that are open year round Circle CG Farms and Normany Farms. We stayed at both and much preferred Normandy Farms. We are heading for warmer places now :D
campswithcritters
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2005 34RLT
Skype ID: campswithcritters

Post by campswithcritters »

Come on down south, had the A/C on from 10AM till 7 PM today, but expect windows open all day tomorrow.
Bruce & Sharon Full-time since Nov 06
Boogie, & Jack ("the critters")
Heat84
Wife and three Queens and a King
Oh yes and my best buddy Lacey my dog
Cardinal Owners: 29ft
many add on like fireplace, central vacuum wet suspension just to name a few

GAS STATION CLEAR ! !

Post by Heat84 »

HI
WELL TO START WITH HAVE A HAPPY AND SAFE TRIP.

FOR MY AREA IF ON THE MASS. PIKE EXIT 6 (291,SPRINGFIELD) AS YOU GET OFF GO TO RIGHT. CHEAP PRICE AND EASY TO GET INTO AND OUT OF

IF YOU MISS IT EXIT 7 LUDLOW STRAIGHT ACROSS ONE BIG U TURN AND AFTER YOU GAS YOUR BACK ON THE PIKE.
EXIT 8 IS A BIG BIG NO ! NO ! NO !
EXIT 9 NOT TO BAD BUT A BIT OUT OF THE WAY
EXITE 10 WORCESTER/ BAD VERY VERY BAD DO NOT GET OFF JUST FOR GAS. CAMPING IS GOOD,
HOPE I WAS ABLE TO HELP ! ! !
MIKE & BRENDA
29'WBL FIFTH WHEEL
2006 FORD F-350 SUPER DUTY LARIATE
ALL THE WHISTLE AND BELLS
Full time summer