Georgia National Fairgrounds, Perry, GA

What's Your Favorite Campground? Need Information on Fuel Prices, Campground Ratings, Campgrounds available in the area you are traveling??? This is the place to look!!

Moderator: Olbird

halrkent (Deceased)
Cardinal Owners: 2006 29LE

Georgia National Fairgrounds, Perry, GA

Post by halrkent (Deceased) »

I attended a Good Sam Samboree at the Georgia National Fairgrounds in Perry, GA. The facilities were nice. We had 30 amp service with water and sewer. This facility is primarily a fairground that has been modified to serve as a dual purpose campground so the sewer inlet had been crudely modified to accept four campers. The large bathrooms are you would expect at a fair but have no showers. Check out their website at http://www.gnfa.com/.

The fair grounds are located near Perry, GA just off of I-75 at exit 134. The SPRING MARDI GRAS SAMBOREE cost $100.00 for three days (May 25-28, 2010). Early arrivals were charged $25.00 for each day. More than half the participants arrived early. Entertainment was provided each night with lots of door prizes and bingo. Few workshops were scheduled and most of these were by vendors trying to sell their products. If bingo, cruise ship style entertainment, and door prizes are your thing then this is the best deal in the world. I had several friends camping with me and I met some new ones. I personally found the pace a bit slow but others seemed to be entertained.

Georgia National Fairgrounds will be the location of the 2011 National Good Sam Rally. I’m planning to attend. I might try to host a Cardinal get-together but I’ll have to see if this can be done under the umbrella of Good Sam. It would be fun to see some of my Cardinal friends from the 2009 Chattanooga Cardinal rally.
Last edited by halrkent (Deceased) on Wed May 26, 2010 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hal Kent
2006 Cardinal 29RK-LE
1996 Dodge 2500 V10
Mike Clay
Council, Administrator
Cardinal Owners: 2016 3850RL Estate
Skype ID: Mike-Clay

Re: Georgia National Fairgrounds, Perry, GA

Post by Mike Clay »

By saying under the umbrella of Good Sam I assume you mean having a get together during the Good Sam Rally.
Mike, Susanna & Rudy
2016 3850RL Estate "Proto Grigio"
2019 Silverado 3500HD Dually D/A 4x4 LTZ
My dreams are too big for my wallet
Rallies attended - 32

Nights camping in 2013:159 2014:269 2015:Full Timers
halrkent (Deceased)
Cardinal Owners: 2006 29LE

Post by halrkent (Deceased) »

Cardinal members wishing to attend a Good Sam Samboree must join Good Sams. Good Sams organizes campground by putting local club chapters together. I think they would allow Cardinal members to camp together as a club but I would have to check. I think Good Sams even have virtual chapters. National Rallies have lots of activities and the meeting facilities in Perry are great. I’ve researched this year’s National event and there are so many different activities that there is something for everyone. I’ve never done anything like this before but if it could be worked out I think it would be fun for all. I’d appreciate feedback concerning this topic.

Thanks. Hal
Last edited by halrkent (Deceased) on Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hal Kent
2006 Cardinal 29RK-LE
1996 Dodge 2500 V10
Don Wilson
Region Leader Admin
Cardinal Owners: 2019 3350

Post by Don Wilson »

There have been a few members who have attended the Good Sam activities in the past. Jim and Joanne Rich and Bill and Debbie Mullins are two members that I know have attended in the past.

Good Sam chapters are made up of all brands and types of Recreational vehicles and promote activities in the areas they are located in andthey do a lot of good things and offer a lot of good services. While I am and have been a member of Good Sam for several years when it comes right down to it they are a for profit company.

Don
We don't know a stranger only friends we haven't met yet!

Don
2019 Cardinal 3350RLX Luxury Edition
2014 Dodge 3500 2WD DRW Long Bed

2023 Nights Camped 33
2022 Nights Camped 24
2021 Nights Camped 46

Rallies Attended - 50
Frog - 5