Indian Hill Ranch, Tehachapi, CA

What's Your Favorite Campground? Need Information on Fuel Prices, Campground Ratings, Campgrounds available in the area you are traveling??? This is the place to look!!

Moderator: Olbird

The-Bear
Cardinal Owners: Americana GS31RL. a.k.a. Cardinal 29WB LX

Indian Hill Ranch, Tehachapi, CA

Post by The-Bear »

This place isn't for everybody, but it's near the top of my list.

Here's a link to a slideshow on Picasaweb. I hope it works -- I've not done this before.
http://picasaweb.google.com/woodyandsan ... directlink
Woody & Sandy
2005 Americana GS 31RL

a.k.a. Cardinal 29WBLX
Chief409
Mojave Desert
Cardinal Owners: 2007 30WBLE

Re: Indian Hill Ranch, Tehachapi, CA

Post by Chief409 »

Woody, nice. 30 miles from our house, too. I'll head up and look at it some time. You guessed correctly on the posts and concrete stations being for a archery course. Targets are placed on stacks of hay bales at various distances from each station. Dang, I need to get back into that sport.
Jeff & Terry
U.S.N. Ret
2012 F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 Diesel Dually, Crew Cab, LWB, 50 gal Transfer Flow toolbox/tank
2007 Cardinal 30WBLE, "the 'Bird", ONAN gen.
The more I see in my travels, the more I realize there is so much more to see.
Torben

Post by Torben »

Thanks for posting the pictures it sure looks nice. We travel 58 alot when we go to Idaho or when we are coming back. I think next time we will stay there and check it out . :D When I was in High School I spent a lot of time on a ranch east of Bakersfield ,looking at the pictures brings back a lot of good memories :D
snoking

Post by snoking »

Those trains at the Orange Grove RV Park are sounding just fine for a easy in easy out stop while heading North or South. However if I was just killing time!!!!!!!

BTW, I like this Tehachapi hill much better than the GrapeVine Pass on I5. However, this fall we are going down through Utah to see some of the canyon lands that we have not yet visited. So it will be in the spring of 2011 before we come back through this area.

Nice Pictures!!

Chris
Don Wilson
Region Leader Admin
Cardinal Owners: 2019 3350

Post by Don Wilson »

Hey Bear,
Nice pictures! I showed them to Martha and asked if they looked fimaliar she recogonized it right away. She stayed at Indian Hill RV Park seven years ago when she towed the Alpenlite from New Mexico home to California with her mother. Everytime we go thru Tehachapi I see the signs and ask where it is and she tells me "way to heck up those hills."

Thanks for the pictures.

Don
We don't know a stranger only friends we haven't met yet!

Don
2019 Cardinal 3350RLX Luxury Edition
2014 Dodge 3500 2WD DRW Long Bed

2023 Nights Camped 33
2022 Nights Camped 24
2021 Nights Camped 46

Rallies Attended - 50
Frog - 5
Honest John

Post by Honest John »

Great photos!

We live nearby (in Palmdale) and think it is a nice park also. However, many years ago (before we had a trailer) went camping there with the kids (we sleep in the back of the truck - kids in tents). We got a pretty good rain and the roads turned to goo... We got stuck on one of the main exit roads on a hill, the surface was muddy and very slick. the truck didn't dig in, but the top inch or two of the dirt turned into mud and was like grease.

I wouldn't recommend it if there is rain in the forecast. (Of course that was a long time ago, and they may have made some sort of improvement to the roads since we were there....
Rob & Cathy

Post by Rob & Cathy »

Thanks for the great pictures Woody. I can see why that place would be at the top of your list.

Rob