Moccasin Creek State Park, Clarkesville , GA

What's Your Favorite Campground? Need Information on Fuel Prices, Campground Ratings, Campgrounds available in the area you are traveling??? This is the place to look!!

Moderator: Olbird

halrkent (Deceased)
Cardinal Owners: 2006 29LE

Moccasin Creek State Park, Clarkesville , GA

Post by halrkent (Deceased) »

Moccasin Creek is in the Blue Ridge Mountains on the shores of lovely 2,800-acre Lake Burton. We visited the park July 21-27, 2010 with other members of our local camping club. It’s a small park with just 32 acres and 55 campsites at $28.00 per night. Georgia offers 20% discount to those over age 62. This park is one of the most popular in Georgia so reservations are a must. Despite its mountain location, the park is relatively flat, offering easy navigation for large RVs. A fully accessible fishing pier sits above a trout-filled creek open only to physically challenged visitors, senior citizens (65 & over) and children (up to 11 years). Tour the adjacent trout hatchery, hike on several nearby mountain trails (many with waterfalls) or simply relax in this peaceful setting.
Moccasin Creek State Park
3655 Highway 197
Clarkesville , GA 30523
http://www.GeorgiaStateParks.org/MoccasinCreek

NEARBY ATTRACTIONS:
 Alpine Helen, Georgia
 Black Rock Mountain State Park
 Blue Ridge Mountains
 Burton Fish Hatchery
 Burton Wildlife Management Area
 Cabbage Patch Kids / Babyland General
 Chattahoochee National Forest
 Chatooga River
 Scenic Hwy 197 Association of shops and restaurants
 Southern Highroads Trail
 Tallulah Gorge State Park
 Unicoi State Park and Lodge
 Georgia Mountain Fair (at the end of July each year) July 21-31, 2010
First class musical performances, fun carnival rides, unique attractions and a glimpse into North Georgia’s rich history and culture, the Fair provides something for every member of the family.
Hal Kent
2006 Cardinal 29RK-LE
1996 Dodge 2500 V10
Torben

Re: Moccasin Creek State Park, Clarkesville , GA

Post by Torben »

Hal, thanks for the info, it's always great when members post about campgrounds that members have liked. :D :D
halrkent (Deceased)
Cardinal Owners: 2006 29LE

Post by halrkent (Deceased) »

I enjoy writing about the different campgrounds we visit. I hope there will be a Southern Cardinal Rally soon. We really enjoyed the Chattanooga rally last year.
I think this forum thread would be more useful if we listed the campgrounds visits by State. I know you can do a search but if just want to browse, a by State list seems logical.
Thanks
Hal
Hal Kent
2006 Cardinal 29RK-LE
1996 Dodge 2500 V10
Torben

Post by Torben »

I agree with you, that is why I try to write and post pictures of the campground we stay at. :D after all we are a RV travel club :D