RV parks in or near Napa Valley, CA

What's Your Favorite Campground? Need Information on Fuel Prices, Campground Ratings, Campgrounds available in the area you are traveling??? This is the place to look!!

Moderator: Olbird

Big Bird
Cardinal Owners: 2018 Cardinal 3250

RV parks in or near Napa Valley, CA

Post by Big Bird »

We are thinking of a trip to Napa. Has anyone stayed in the area?

Thanks,

Big Bird
Big Bird

Marv and Jackie
Chief409
Mojave Desert
Cardinal Owners: 2007 30WBLE

Re: RV parks in or near Napa Valley, CA

Post by Chief409 »

Our daughter and her ex stayed at the KOA in Petaluma where we visited with them a few years ago. Very nice, shade, pull-thru's and they have tours originating there to San Francisco. Which is the BEST way to see San Francisco. Traffic, streets, and parking are a mess, even if you've lived in the Bay Area for years you'll avoid driving there if at all possible. In Napa there is the Fairgrounds, basic with full hook ups if I remember correctly. Also many smaller RV parks are in the area, I'd have to look in the Trailer Life Directory. I recommend reserving well in advance, the parks are mostly full year round.
Jeff & Terry
U.S.N. Ret
2012 F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 Diesel Dually, Crew Cab, LWB, 50 gal Transfer Flow toolbox/tank
2007 Cardinal 30WBLE, "the 'Bird", ONAN gen.
The more I see in my travels, the more I realize there is so much more to see.
Don Wilson
Region Leader Admin
Cardinal Owners: 2019 3350

Post by Don Wilson »

Hi Marven and Jackie,

We stayed at Napa Valley Expo last November.

We were very happy staying there and stayed two nights. It is a very nice small park. The sites are wide, long and level and your big bird will fit no problem. The streets in the park are wide paved streets. The hosts are very friendly and showed us to our site to get settled even before registering. Reservations are a must as they were full each night and that was November.

The directions they email to you are good except the Entrance is very poorly marked and you really need to look for it on the left as you are heading north on Silverado Trail. You do not see the street sign for Fairview until it is to late.

The WiFi worked very well and I know the TV worked but don't remember if it was cable or antenna. The bathroom was very clean but I did not check the showers.

Here is the link to their website
http://www.napavalleyexpo.com/f-rvs.html

We will definitely go back and stay there again when we go to Napa Valley. Good Luck picking a Restaurant when you are there as there are so many. We were at a function at Culinary Institute of America which included dinner which was superb :thumbrt: and would recommend it but you need reservations weeks to months in advance.

Don

Don and Martha
We don't know a stranger only friends we haven't met yet!

Don
2019 Cardinal 3350RLX Luxury Edition
2014 Dodge 3500 2WD DRW Long Bed

2023 Nights Camped 33
2022 Nights Camped 24
2021 Nights Camped 46

Rallies Attended - 50
Frog - 5
Big Bird
Cardinal Owners: 2018 Cardinal 3250

Post by Big Bird »

Thanks,

Jackie is from the Bay Area and we will do some visiting, but I would like to take in some of the wine country as well. We will go into the City.

See you soon,

Big Bird
Big Bird

Marv and Jackie
Chief409
Mojave Desert

Post by Chief409 »

Going to SF I'd get a rental car. Parking is very hard to find, and the City will tow for any reason.
Jeff & Terry
U.S.N. Ret
2012 F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 Diesel Dually, Crew Cab, LWB, 50 gal Transfer Flow toolbox/tank
snoking

Post by snoking »

If you going to stay at the Petaluma KOA, then get the credit limit raised on your CC! Chris
Don Wilson
Region Leader Admin
Cardinal Owners: 2019 3350

Post by Don Wilson »

If you stay at Napa Valley Expo you can drive 14 miles to Vallejo and take a ferry to the city, which drops you of right by Pier 39. Since Jackie is from San Francisco she knows the public transportation system in very good an pretty user friendly. If this is what you decide to do it will save you renting a car, paying bridge tolls, looking for and paying for parking.

Don
We don't know a stranger only friends we haven't met yet!

Don
2019 Cardinal 3350RLX Luxury Edition
2014 Dodge 3500 2WD DRW Long Bed

2023 Nights Camped 33
2022 Nights Camped 24
2021 Nights Camped 46

Rallies Attended - 50
Frog - 5
Chief409
Mojave Desert

Post by Chief409 »

snoking wrote:If you going to stay at the Petaluma KOA, then get the credit limit raised on your CC! Chris
They're cheap compared to the Circus Circus KOA in Los Wages! ;)

Really Petaluma is about middle of the pack for pricing in the Bay Area. The most expensive one I've stayed at is Coyote Valley Resort ('bout the same as the Circus Circus KOA) south of San Jose off 101, which is OK if you are a golf fanatic and don't do much else. We stay at the Alameda County Fairgrounds RV Park now, in Pleasanton, in fact we'll be there this weekend. Inexpensive ($96 for two nights, 50 amp FHU pull thru) by Bay Area standards, which will blow your socks off if you have never been around the Bay Area before. Just like the Real Estate prices. Good RV parks are like hen's teeth in the Bay Area. And lots cheaper then a hotel room.
Jeff & Terry
U.S.N. Ret