James Island,SC

What's Your Favorite Campground? Need Information on Fuel Prices, Campground Ratings, Campgrounds available in the area you are traveling??? This is the place to look!!

Moderator: Olbird

charles clark
Cardinal Owners: 2010 3050 5th wheel

James Island,SC

Post by charles clark »

Has anyone stayed in James Island campground? I've booked site #33 on Oct. 6th. Have never been there but going to a wedding in Charleston that weekend and wanted to stay near Charleston. Any info would be great. They only had 4 sites available during this week.

Charlie & Linda Clark
Lynchburg,VA.
2010 3050,partial paint
F250,6.4
Reese 16k slider
Firestone airbags
dfredendall
Council, Moderator
Cardinal Owners: 2018 Cardinal 3350RLX- Luxury Edition

Re: James Island,SC

Post by dfredendall »

Just now saw this. Sorry it is late. James island County Park is FABULOUS!!!!! I cannot rave enough about it. For a County park, it shames most private "resorts." It is a quick 10 to 15 minute trip west of Charleston. Most convenient. Follow the directions. Try to arrive in daylight. The roads leading to the park are eery at night with Cypress trees and Spanish moss hanging over the roads. The roads to the park are narrow, through rural residential areas, but very good. I do not recommend downtown Charleston in an RV. The streets are narrow, crowded, and easy to get trapped. We spent 4 days there and loved it. Great Bar B Q, Tour Fort Sumpter if you never have been. The "city house and Battery" tour is great. The tourism bureau is set up in the bus depot in center of downtown. Tours are reasonable, and most informative. The market place is fun too. James island has lots to do, with large, easy to get into sites. We were there late Oct. '07.
Dana & Cindy Fredendall
Highland, California
2018 3350RLX- Luxury Edition
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7 Diesel
There are great experiences and new friends everywhere we go!
charles clark
Cardinal Owners: 2010 3050 5th wheel

Post by charles clark »

Thanks Dana and Cindy for your reply. I am just getting back to this site after a week or so. We love the Charleston area but this is our first stop at James Island. We stay down in Hunting Island state park usually. If you're down that way, check out that campground.
dfredendall
Council, Moderator
Cardinal Owners: 2018 Cardinal 3350RLX- Luxury Edition

Post by dfredendall »

We will add Hunting island to our list. We hoped to get back that way last Spring on a "Southern Trip", but our plans changed. It is back in our bucket list. We are looking at a fly, rent a car motel trip to Maine, Nova Scotia and P.E.I. next Spring, and Hawaii in July. Getting the bird on the road for longer trips is doubtful next year. Considering ii 2700 miles or so for us to Charleston...
Dana & Cindy Fredendall
Highland, California
2018 3350RLX- Luxury Edition
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7 Diesel
There are great experiences and new friends everywhere we go!