Modesto, CA

What's Your Favorite Campground? Need Information on Fuel Prices, Campground Ratings, Campgrounds available in the area you are traveling??? This is the place to look!!

Moderator: Olbird

pattyrn5
Cardinal Owners: Cardinal LE FW

Modesto, CA

Post by pattyrn5 »

I will be on assignment in Modesto, CA in November. Any good places near there. Have never been to Ca.
gatekper
Cardinal Owners: 2001 32 XL triple slide
[url=http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php][img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-char054.gif[/img][/url]
nights camped in 2011 143
nights camped in 2012 80 and counting

Re: Modesto, CA

Post by gatekper »

I have never camped in Modesto but if you find a park you want checked out post it I will go look at it as Modesto is only about 70 miles from me.

Dale & Anita
2001 32 XL triple slide
2003 F250 power stroke
Dale T & Anita K
U.S.N. Ret Image
2001 32 XL triple slide
2003 F250 crew cab Power Stroke
nights camped in 2011 ...198 nights
Don Wilson
Region Leader Admin
Cardinal Owners: 2019 3350

Post by Don Wilson »

There are two county reservoir parks on the East side of Stanislaus County where folks stay. I have stayed at Woodward reservoir north of Oakdale for three days with our daughter and grand kids. Have not stayed at Modesto reservoir. I believe they have a 30 stay limit. They both are about 18 to 20 miles from any of the three hospitals in Modeto. Here is the link to their website http://www.co.stanislaus.ca.us/er/parks/

Kit Fox RV Park is located west of Patterson Ca just off of Interstate 5 and it is about 24 miles from any of the hospitals. I have not seen this park so can not give many details. Here is their website link http://www.kitfoxrvpark.com/

French Camp RV Park and Resort is a nice park. It is just of Highway 99 in French Camp Ca (Manteca Address) and is about 22 miles to any of the hospitals. I see it quite often driving by but have never stayed there but a friend who has stayed there said it is very nice and their website shows long term rates. Here is the link to their website http://www.frenchcamp.com/

Orchard RV Park in Vernalis Ca it used to be a nice park but I have not been by it in several years but have been told it has gone down hill. it is about 18 miles west of Modesto on Highway 132. They do not have a website but here is contact info - 2701 E Highway 132 Vernalis, CA 95385 Phone # (209) 836-2090

If you put Modesto RV Parks in a search browser it brings up three mobile home parks. I would not recommend any of the three to you as they have had bad reputations in the past and continue to have police action quite often. There are several other nicer Mobile Home parks in the Modesto area but I don't know which allow RV's. I can investigate in more detail when we get home around October 10th and get back to you.

I live in Riverbank about 7 miles east of Modesto and If I was to pick one with the best driving conditions and easiest access to the hospitals it would be French Camp or Woodward Reservoir

Don
We don't know a stranger only friends we haven't met yet!

Don
2019 Cardinal 3350RLX Luxury Edition
2014 Dodge 3500 2WD DRW Long Bed

2023 Nights Camped 33
2022 Nights Camped 24
2021 Nights Camped 46

Rallies Attended - 50
Frog - 5
Dutch & Di

Post by Dutch & Di »

pattyrn5 wrote:I will be on assignment in Modesto, CA in November. Any good places near there. Have never been to Ca.
Patty, I don't know how long your assignment is but is you are an Elks Member, they have a very nice park. W&E. Hugs, Di
1996 1 ton Dodge Dually Pickup, Max Brake, Mor/Ryde Susp. On Rear Springs, Air Bags, Tailgate Easylift,
1996/2010 Triple Slide Carriage, Mor/Ryde Susp, Kodiak Disc Brakes, Big Foot Auto Leveling System, TST TPMS, Plug It Right Stabilizers.
Don Wilson
Region Leader Admin

Post by Don Wilson »

gatekper wrote:I have never camped in Modesto but if you find a park you want checked out post it I will go look at it as Modesto is only about 70 miles from me.
Dale Visalia is more like 130 miles. I wish when driving home from the east that it was only 70 miles.

Don

Don

2023 Nights Camped 33
2022 Nights Camped 24
2021 Nights Camped 46

Rallies Attended - 50
Frog - 5
Don Wilson
Region Leader Admin

Post by Don Wilson »

Thanks Di
They have a new Elks Lodge in Modesto and I have not checked it out. If Pattyrn is an Elk member I will check it out for them and see how long of stay they allow.

Don

Don

2023 Nights Camped 33
2022 Nights Camped 24
2021 Nights Camped 46

Rallies Attended - 50
Frog - 5
gatekper
Cardinal Owners: 2001 32 XL triple slide
[url=http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php][img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-char054.gif[/img][/url]
nights camped in 2011 143
nights camped in 2012 80 and counting

Post by gatekper »

ok Don so I cheat a little there but IF I get a road trip that close to home that I can put the top down on the MINI Cooper and go cruising I will jump at the chance....LOL.

Dale & Anita
2001 32 XL triple slide
2003 F250 Power Stroke
Dale T & Anita K
U.S.N. Ret Image
2001 32 XL triple slide
2003 F250 crew cab Power Stroke
nights camped in 2011 ...198 nights
Chief409
Mojave Desert
Cardinal Owners: 2007 30WBLE

Post by Chief409 »

Too bad about the Orchard RV park. I drove past it many times while Terry was staying in Livermore after I took a position here, until we finally bought our house. I considered stopping there on our last trip from Chico, but pushed on down I5.
Jeff & Terry
U.S.N. Ret
2012 F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 Diesel Dually, Crew Cab, LWB, 50 gal Transfer Flow toolbox/tank
2007 Cardinal 30WBLE, "the 'Bird", ONAN gen.
The more I see in my travels, the more I realize there is so much more to see.
lakejumper

Post by lakejumper »

I've stayed at French Camp RV park outside of Manteca and Kit Fox RV park. I believe that French Camp will be much closer for you and it is fairly close to town and amenities. Both parks are nice. I've never stayed at any parks in Modesto and don't know of any.
Don Wilson
Region Leader Admin

Post by Don Wilson »

Lakejumper and Patty,
I agree that French Camp is closer to amenities in both Manteca and Stockton and would be an easier drive to Modesto on the freeway (Highway 99). Kit Fox is outside of Patterson and the drive would be on a good country road getting to Modesto but there are lots more stops and not as many amenities in the Patterson Area.

Don

Don

2023 Nights Camped 33
2022 Nights Camped 24
2021 Nights Camped 46

Rallies Attended - 50
Frog - 5
pattyrn5
Cardinal Owners: Cardinal LE FW

Post by pattyrn5 »

Thank you all for the help. I will check these out. I start Nov. 15 thru Feb 2 and will be working at Kaiser. I don't belong to Elks, but I could join! We are both veterans of VietNam era.
Dutch & Di

Post by Dutch & Di »

pattyrn5 wrote:Thank you all for the help. I will check these out. I start Nov. 15 thru Feb 2 and will be working at Kaiser. I don't belong to Elks, but I could join! We are both veterans of VietNam era.
With it only having water and electric sites-at least it did 2 years ago-it may not be doable for you long term with no sewer. It does have a dump station though. Hugs, Di
1996 1 ton Dodge Dually Pickup, Max Brake, Mor/Ryde Susp. On Rear Springs, Air Bags, Tailgate Easylift,
1996/2010 Triple Slide Carriage, Mor/Ryde Susp, Kodiak Disc Brakes, Big Foot Auto Leveling System, TST TPMS, Plug It Right Stabilizers.