Palm Desert, Ca.

What's Your Favorite Campground? Need Information on Fuel Prices, Campground Ratings, Campgrounds available in the area you are traveling??? This is the place to look!!

Moderator: Olbird

honker

Palm Desert, Ca.

Post by honker »

In Sept. its very nice, very hot (110) and very empty. 3-5 of us brave souls out of 250 spots.
Emerald Desert RV Resort, Palm Desert, Ca.

Think I should have resized these smaller, sorry I'll figure this all out one day.... :))
lakejumper

Re: Palm Desert, Ca.

Post by lakejumper »

Thanks for posting the pictures. I booked Shadow Hills RV Park for Christmas week and was thinking about staying at Emerald RV Resort. Shadow Hill gets some freeway noise but is also a nice park. They both have received good reviews and I stayed at Shadow Hills last year. I also looked at the Lake Cahuilla County Park but was concerned about the dust when it gets windy.
honker

Post by honker »

The only bad thing about Emerald is that its close to train tracks. You can hear the trains go by. There are no crossings so you don't hear whistles which is good, and they do stop at about 10pm or so. I am not familiar with Shadow Hills, will have to look that one up. We like the nice dog area they have at Emerald. They are going to do alot of improvements to the dog area for 2011, even put in a fountain, LOL.
dfredendall
Council, Moderator
Cardinal Owners: 2018 Cardinal 3350RLX- Luxury Edition

Post by dfredendall »

Shadow hills is north of I-10 at the indio Blvd./Jefferson exit, behind the CHP station. My inlaws have stayed there several winters. A new gate minimizes unwanted "city dwellers" from wandering through.
Dana & Cindy Fredendall
Highland, California
2018 3350RLX- Luxury Edition
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7 Diesel
There are great experiences and new friends everywhere we go!
honker

Post by honker »

We go to the Palm Desert area every year the 3rd. weekend in Sept. it is usually 100+, the most important thing to us is the mature trees at Emerald. When its that hot, it really helps alot to have nice size trees. Since it is still the off season, we usually get to pick where ever we want. The largest number of campers in the entire park was 5 this last year. LOL We had the entire place to ourselves for 2 days, LOL. When we are there next year, I will check out the Shadow Hills, but most of the other parks I have looked at in and around that area don't have much for shade trees. Have a wonderful time there in Dec.
lakejumper

Post by lakejumper »

I don't recall Shadow Hills having good shade trees but I didn't really pay attention because we were there when it was cooler. I remember it having a lot of concrete which I liked after staying at Sky Valley Resort in Desert Hot Springs where it is very windy and sandy. I'll check out the trees when I return in December.
honker

Post by honker »

The shade trees would not be a big deal in Dec. LOL or the amount of concrete. I think we may have looked at Shadow Hills, I remember one park that was almost all concrete. When its 110+ (which it was this last Sept.) alot of concrete and no shade trees make for a miserable stay. I like the trees and grass at Emerald. I think Shadow will be less costly than Emerald, since Dec. is peak for that area. Have fun.