Myrtle Beach SC

What's Your Favorite Campground? Need Information on Fuel Prices, Campground Ratings, Campgrounds available in the area you are traveling??? This is the place to look!!

Moderator: Olbird

beachretreat
Cardinal Owners: 36SB

Myrtle Beach SC

Post by beachretreat »

If anyone has considered going to a campground in Myrtle Beach SC, this is the time of year to go. We store our Cardinal at Ocean Lakes Campground, the address is Myrtle Beach, but it is also very close to Surfside Beach. We just returned today from a 5 day trip there, and the campground was great. The facilities are very nice and clean, there are sites close to the ocean, there are a lot of sites with cement pads, there are also golf privileges. There are several musical shows in the area. In my opinion the spring and the fall are the best time to be there. It is very crowded and hot in the summer, but this time of year, we meet the nicest folks and the weather is great. There are also other campgrounds in the area, all are on the Internet.
Johnny & Vickie
Lexington, NC
2009 36 SB
2008 Chevrolet 2500 Duramax/Allison
wafasa

Re: Myrtle Beach SC

Post by wafasa »

We are also thinking of storing our Cardinal at Ocean Lakes. Have stayed many times at Pirateland but they do not store 5th wheels (unless that has changed recently). Do you winterize your unit when storing at this location? Also, is insurance premium higher because it is on the ocean.
Thanks for your help.

Wayne and Faye
beachretreat
Cardinal Owners: 36SB

Post by beachretreat »

We do winterize on site. My husband is very picky about how he winterize's too. Blows the lines out, and then poors in the pink stuff. We normally camp over Thanksgiving holidays and then winterize when we leave. When we bought our camper, initially insured it as primary residence at our home in NC. Then changed primary residence to SC, would you believe it was cheaper, even closer to coast. The thing was NC's rates are higher than SC, probably something to do with amount of claims turned in by state, so our premium went down, believe it or not. Our plans are to do part time storage next year.
Johnny & Vickie
Lexington, NC
2009 36 SB
2008 Chevrolet 2500 Duramax/Allison
Safety Dave
Cardinal Owners: 2008 Cardinal 34ft.

Post by Safety Dave »

What about the State Park? Does anyone have any coments on it?

Dave
WVcampers
Cardinal Owners: 2018 Cardinal 3250RL Luxury

Post by WVcampers »

I don't think you can make reservations. I woild not go to Myrtle from April til November without reservations. I went once in October and had to stay at 2 different canpgrounds to get stay a week.
Randy & Carol
Elbie (weiner dog)
2018 Cardinal 3250 RLX Luxury Edition
2019 Ford F350 6.7PSD Lariat 4x4 SRW
Flintstones

Post by Flintstones »

Our family loves Ocean Lakes, it's great camping on the beach, especiall with those concrete pull thru's. I am calling this week for a site in July 2012.