Fort Wilderness

What's Your Favorite Campground? Need Information on Fuel Prices, Campground Ratings, Campgrounds available in the area you are traveling??? This is the place to look!!

Moderator: Olbird

Lil'Darlin1972

Fort Wilderness

Post by Lil'Darlin1972 »

We just booked our first trip to Fort Wilderness in Orlando. I am sooo excited. We are going over Easter break next spring. April seems soooooo far away though !! Anyone been there and have any tips, advice ?? We aren't going to tell the kids where we are going to go....they will see when we get there !!
:)
jennyt

Post by jennyt »

Ahhhh Shannone - I just may have to may you my new best buddy :wink: :P I ****LOVE**** Ft. Wilderness and Disney....just tell me what you need to know!!! :lol:

We are going in November for 7 days....I can't WAIT....Scott rolls his eyes every time a commercial comes on for Disney :roll: He humors me though - this will be our third trip there.

Check out http://www.allearsnet.com for some really good tips on Disney in general - there's enough information there to keep you busy until you go! Ft. Wilderness is great - you can spend days just doing what there is to be done at the campground, never mind stepping foot in one of the parks. The only downside is that you can't reserve a space, but you can fax in your loop request a few days ahead of time. We are staying in one of the preferred loops because we are taking my Mom and she's 78. They are typically closer to the marina and Trails End restaurant. We also rent a golfcart, but that's just our preference. They are pretty pricey, but for us it beats waiting on the internal buses at Ft. Wilderness. There are buses that run within the campground that take you to either the Marina/Trails End or the Settlement Outpost to catch transportatation around the rest of Disney, so a golf cart eliminates the need for those.

I could ramble on...and on...and on... :D No, really...I could!! :lol:

Just ask away - you have hit on about my favorite topic of all time! :P
jennyt

Post by jennyt »

Shannone - I guess I scared you away...are you SURE you don't want to talk about Disney :lol: :? :wink:
Diesel Dave 04
Cardinal Owners: 2007 36-2BH

Re: Fort Wilderness

Post by Diesel Dave 04 »

Lil'Darlin1972 wrote: We just booked our first trip to Fort Wilderness in Orlando. I am sooo excited. We are going over Easter break next spring. April seems soooooo far away though !! Anyone been there and have any tips, advice ?? We aren't going to tell the kids where we are going to go....they will see when we get there !!
:)
Make sure you have a water pressure regulater with you we blew the shower head right off its hose, we have a reg. now LOL
wish i could go there again and just hang out and stay away from the parks.
2008 Crew Cab 4X4 DRW 6.4 Turbo 4:10 gears. rebuilt engine at 59,338 miles broken #8 piston,tugging on A 2015 3800 FL full body paint
fix 7.3 , 6.0 AND now 6.4s Powerstroke diesels.
bud

Post by bud »

You might want to take bicycles so you can ride to the marina to catch the boats to magic kingdom or to the bus stop to catch buses to rest of the parks. they have a place for you to lock them up at. also will need them to go to the general stores and swimming pools. It is our favorite place to go on vacation and the campground makes it even more speacil to us.have fun and enjoy your selves and take plenty of film or memory sticks for the camera. also make sure to catch all of the fireworks shows at all three parks. animal country doesn't have any. Bud
Luizianna

Post by Luizianna »

Ok Jen, it's Nov....make sure you tell us all about your trip!! We had reservations for Dec, but got to thinking that since Dec was DH's retirement date, it wouldn't be right to take a week off then retire two weeks later. So I booked for Dec 07, plus then we wont be on a clock and can stay extra days if we want. DH wants to go to Key West, so that might be a good time to do that.
jennyt

Post by jennyt »

Linda - we leave next Wednesday - it's going to be a blast!!
Lil'Darlin1972

Post by Lil'Darlin1972 »

jennyt wrote:Shannone - I guess I scared you away...are you SURE you don't want to talk about Disney :lol: :? :wink:
I am SOOOOO sorry I never responded to your post. I was having trouble with this website and then lost the link and forgot all about it !! There are a few camping message boards I joined all at once and was getting them mixed up in my mind, lol !!

I'm back now and hoping you will share the details of your trip. Was it great ?? We have 3 months to go, almosty exactly now. :lol:
Luizianna

Post by Luizianna »

Glad to see you back Shannone!! Was wondering what happened to you the other day. Jenny is the resident expert on Disney around here...lol We have reservations for Dec of this year. I have a question too Jenny...where would be the best deal to buy our tickets??
Lil'Darlin1972

Post by Lil'Darlin1972 »

Luizianna wrote:Glad to see you back Shannone!! Was wondering what happened to you the other day. Jenny is the resident expert on Disney around here...lol We have reservations for Dec of this year. I have a question too Jenny...where would be the best deal to buy our tickets??
Hi Linda. Does anyone else have trouble with the site as far as new post not showing up ?? The folder is supposed to change colors to show new posts, but mine doesn't so I have to go into every category and try to figure out what I have read before. It makes it hard to navigate :? I have tried refreshing the link I have saved in my favorites, but it doesn't seem to matter.

In Disney news...I am really excited about our trip. We took the kids 3 years ago and did 4 parks in 4 days. WAY TOO MUCH !! We learned our lesson and this time we are packing in two extra days and only doing 2 theme parks spread out throughout the 6 nights we will be there.

I found out my inlaws may be moving down to Florida later this year and if they do we may make Florida over Easter break a new tradition (we usually spend Easter with that side of the family anyway).
Luizianna

Post by Luizianna »

Shannone, when I log on to the site, I then go to the right hand side at the top, on the forum page and there will be "view posts since last visit" or "view unanswered posts" etc....I just click on "view posts since last visit" and only the posts since my last visit show up, then I catch up. For some reason on my desktop, I have to log in every time...on my laptop, it logs in automatically...go figure. My folders dont change colors either, or if they do it's so faint I can't see it. Hope this helps.

Linda
jennyt

Post by jennyt »

Argg!! LOL How could I possibly have missed any post on Disney! 8)

Linda - as far as cheap tickets I'm not too sure - we always book ours through Disney as a package as I'm lazy and want it all included! If you want to shop it around you can look on the Disney website and also try http://www.mapleleaftickets.com/.

Be prepared to take Christmas decorations in December! People go absolutely crazy decorating their campsites. It's worth going around just to look at them all.

Shannon - I agree that doing all four parks can really put a strain on "vacation" we did all four but we were there for 7 days. We also went around and looked at some of the Disney hotels, which I'd been wanting to do - Animal Kingdom Lodge, The Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge & The Contemporary all had wonderful Christmas decorations - it was worth doing.

Our trip was wonderful - I can't think of anywhere else I'd rather go, but unfortunately Scott doesn't feel the same way, so I have to pace myself! LOL :D
Lil'Darlin1972

Post by Lil'Darlin1972 »

Luizianna wrote:Shannone, when I log on to the site, I then go to the right hand side at the top, on the forum page and there will be "view posts since last visit" or "view unanswered posts" etc....I just click on "view posts since last visit" and only the posts since my last visit show up, then I catch up.

Linda
Ahhhhh....light bulb goes off !! I knew there must be an easier way :thumbrt:
Lil'Darlin1972

Post by Lil'Darlin1972 »

jennyt wrote:Argg!! LOL How could I possibly have missed any post on Disney! 8)

Shannon - I agree that doing all four parks can really put a strain on "vacation" we did all four but we were there for 7 days. We also went around and looked at some of the Disney hotels, which I'd been wanting to do - Animal Kingdom Lodge, The Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge & The Contemporary all had wonderful Christmas decorations - it was worth doing.

Our trip was wonderful - I can't think of anywhere else I'd rather go, but unfortunately Scott doesn't feel the same way, so I have to pace myself! LOL :D
[size=large]So what is Scott's idea of a good vacation ?? I think my hubby would rather hang out at a campground and do some fishing and that kind of thing. He is REALLY looking forward to our trip to South Dakota and Mount Rushmore in early July. But Disney is about the kids (and ME) so he is being good natured about it. This one vacation will end up costing us more than ALL of the other trips we will take this year and he will gripe about it, lol. [/size]
campswithcritters
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2005 34RLT
Skype ID: campswithcritters

Post by campswithcritters »

Shannone, When you do the Mt Rushmore trip be sure to attend the night lighting ceremony. They have a film describing the history and then turn on the lights for the monument. It is impressive and worth going to. The Mt Rushmore KOA even has nightly bus service for that event in case you want a cocktail beforehand, other campgrounds might have the same.
Bruce & Sharon Full-time since Nov 06
Boogie, & Jack ("the critters")