Fort Wilderness

What's Your Favorite Campground? Need Information on Fuel Prices, Campground Ratings, Campgrounds available in the area you are traveling??? This is the place to look!!

Moderator: Olbird

jennyt

Post by jennyt »

Shannone - well because Scott is spoiled rotten he gets to go to his "favorite" kind of vacation 3 times a year, which is to Nascar races. So really my trip to Disney should be a gimme :lol: But you are right in that it's expensive and for us its a pretty long drive, so those things combined just make it a little less appealing to him. He always enjoys himself when he's there he just says its not a thing he wants to do every year, whereas I could go every month! :P

You will have a great time. If you like rollercoasters Expedition Everest is absolutely fantastic - one of the best rides I've been on. I don't like Tower of Terror but LOVE Rock N Roller Coaster and Everest is now tied for my favorite! The new Nemo ride at Epcot is cute too.
Lil'Darlin1972

Post by Lil'Darlin1972 »

campswithcritters wrote:Shannone, When you do the Mt Rushmore trip be sure to attend the night lighting ceremony. They have a film describing the history and then turn on the lights for the monument. It is impressive and worth going to. The Mt Rushmore KOA even has nightly bus service for that event in case you want a cocktail beforehand, other campgrounds might have the same.
We are going to be there on July 3rd when they do the fireworks...I've heard it's one of the best shows in the country !! I'm not looking forward to spending an entire afternoon/evening up there waiting for the show (along with tens of thousands of other people) but we can't go all the way to SD just to watch them from town and not be able to see them properly. I figure I'll take a cooler with food and drinks and some toys for the kids and hope for the best. We probably will go back another night for the lighting ceremony. We will be in town for 6 nights. :D

We are staying at Kemp's Kamp in Keystone. It had decent reviews. Not much to do for the kids other than the pool, but we wanted full hook ups and with a 39 ft 5th wheel we were somewhat limited in that area. I've heard Rafter J is really nice, but we are traveling with my mom and stepdad and they are staying at a hotel in Keystone and they wanted us to be close to them. I don't think we will be spending all that much time at the campground anyway other than sleeping and some meals. There are alot of things in Rapid City and Hill City that the kids would enjoy...plus we want to drive out to Crazy Horse one afternoon too.

On the way out there (and back again) we are staying at the KOA in Lena, IL and the Flying Goose in Fairmont, Minn. Anyone ever stay at either place ??
campswithcritters
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2005 34RLT
Skype ID: campswithcritters

Post by campswithcritters »

Yes on the KOA in Lena, we stayed there off-season in May several years ago in a pop-up. It was a nice campground off the beaten path and quiet that time of year, plenty of open space and fresh air, enjoy!
Bruce & Sharon Full-time since Nov 06
Boogie, & Jack ("the critters")