Camping clubs, whats best

What's Your Favorite Campground? Need Information on Fuel Prices, Campground Ratings, Campgrounds available in the area you are traveling??? This is the place to look!!

Moderator: Olbird

Jash
Cardinal Owners: John and Regina
2008 30 RKLE
2008 Chev LT DRW Diesel
JohnDeere 4710
CanAm 650 Mine
Forman 400 Hers

Camping clubs, whats best

Post by Jash »

Were going to be traveling in south Texas this winter, are their any recomendations for discount travel clubs to join for our three month trip. I already have KOA and are looking for comments on PPA, Escapes, or coast to coast.
I checked some of the PPA site and most dont allow the discount in their prime winter season.
John and Regina
Retired, USCG
2008 30RKLE
2008 Chev DRW
Nights camped in 2011 120 days
Nights camped in 2012 160
Nights camped in 2013 134
Nights camped in 2014 160
Nights camped in 2015 160
Nights camped in 2016 160
snoking

Re: Camping clubs, whats best

Post by snoking »

We have Camp Club USA via Camping World. It appears to use a similar list of sites to PPA. Has a good web site for latest info and provides a new directory each year. Is yearly where PPA is for two years. We use it quite a bit traveling back and forth.

www.campclubusa.com

Check sites online for this trip you are planning.

Chris
Don Wilson
Region Leader Admin
Cardinal Owners: 2019 3350

Post by Don Wilson »

hi Jash,

We have CampClub USA as well and have been very happy with it. The cost I believe is $19 a year. The one thing you have to do is plan a little ahead and look at the restrictions in parks along the route you will be traveling, because some you need advance reservations and some have blackout periods that they do not accept it. We have had minimal problems and traveled across the west, southwest and south using it and getting 1/2 price camping. We had Passport America but when Camping World dropped them because of lots of complaints we went with CampClubUSA. They both have almost the same rv parks with the same restrictions.

I have checked out Coast to Coast, Thousand Trails and other member facilities and it takes a lot of camping to recover your initial membership cost and for me they don't have a lot a campgrounds in areas that I go to. If you go to a Camping World they have vendors there that have offers where you can go to visit one of these facilities and get a free one year trial with some restrictions.

Good Luck in your choices and travels!

Don
We don't know a stranger only friends we haven't met yet!

Don
2019 Cardinal 3350RLX Luxury Edition
2014 Dodge 3500 2WD DRW Long Bed

2023 Nights Camped 33
2022 Nights Camped 24
2021 Nights Camped 46

Rallies Attended - 50
Frog - 5
dfredendall
Council, Moderator
Cardinal Owners: 2018 Cardinal 3350RLX- Luxury Edition

Post by dfredendall »

I had Camp Club USA via Camping World. I did not like it. Never got to use it because of too many "restrictions" placed by member camps making it no value to me. Few of the sites were where I travel, or they excluded weekends, holidays, peak season use, etc. I did not renew it.
Dana & Cindy Fredendall
Highland, California
2018 3350RLX- Luxury Edition
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7 Diesel
There are great experiences and new friends everywhere we go!