Campgrounds in or near Portola, CA

What's Your Favorite Campground? Need Information on Fuel Prices, Campground Ratings, Campgrounds available in the area you are traveling??? This is the place to look!!

Moderator: Olbird

dieselfreak21
Cardinal Owners: 2003 Cardinal 32 LX

Campgrounds in or near Portola, CA

Post by dieselfreak21 »

I am heading west this year and trying to deciede on flying or taking the bird. I want to go the Western Pacific Rail Road Museum as my Grandfather used to be an engineer for them way back when. I found Sleepy Hollow RV Park and it looks nice on the internet. Has any one been there or know of any others in the area? We have family in Monteray and Merced that we may visit as well but that is another 3 or 4 hours.
TV:2003 Ram 2500 QC/LB 4x4 Cummins Powered 5 SPD Hand Shaker. TV MODS: 60 hp injectors, TST, Dual Disk Clutch, Chrome Stacks, Ride Rite Bags, B&W TOB and Companion and 500 hp.
RV:2003 32' Cardinal 32LX rolling on Eagle alloys and Hankook F19's
Chief409
Mojave Desert
Cardinal Owners: 2007 30WBLE

Re: Campgrounds in or near Portola, CA

Post by Chief409 »

Other then Sleepy Hollow, which we didn't stay at on our way to Reno, the next nearest RV park I'm aware of, is at Bordertown on US395. It's well kept, but I only recommend this one for an overnight stay. Plus it's around 50 miles away.

You could contact the WP Museum to see if you could dry camp there. They have a large gravel parking area. When I last passed by there was a M60 tank on the lot you could park next to for protection! :)
Jeff & Terry
U.S.N. Ret
2012 F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 Diesel Dually, Crew Cab, LWB, 50 gal Transfer Flow toolbox/tank
2007 Cardinal 30WBLE, "the 'Bird", ONAN gen.
The more I see in my travels, the more I realize there is so much more to see.
dieselfreak21
Cardinal Owners: 2003 Cardinal 32 LX

Post by dieselfreak21 »

They would alway let my dad do it when he was volunteering but I don't have a place for the genny with my truck. Thanks for the info. I need the M60 for my front lawn lately.
TV:2003 Ram 2500 QC/LB 4x4 Cummins Powered 5 SPD Hand Shaker. TV MODS: 60 hp injectors, TST, Dual Disk Clutch, Chrome Stacks, Ride Rite Bags, B&W TOB and Companion and 500 hp.
RV:2003 32' Cardinal 32LX rolling on Eagle alloys and Hankook F19's
Rob & Cathy

Post by Rob & Cathy »

Have you looked into this park? http://users.psln.com/sstr/

Rob
dfredendall
Council, Moderator
Cardinal Owners: 2018 Cardinal 3350RLX- Luxury Edition

Post by dfredendall »

diesel, While you are in the area, the California State Railroad Museum in Old Sacramento is wonderful. Many live exhibits, and a great tribute to construction of the Trans-Continental Railroad over the Sierra nevada mountains (Donner Pass) to Promontory Point, Utah. We recently rode the train from the coast, over Donner Pass through a snow storm into Reno. AWESOME!
Dana & Cindy Fredendall
Highland, California
2018 3350RLX- Luxury Edition
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7 Diesel
There are great experiences and new friends everywhere we go!