cant recommend this park anylonger

What's Your Favorite Campground? Need Information on Fuel Prices, Campground Ratings, Campgrounds available in the area you are traveling??? This is the place to look!!

Moderator: Olbird

PapaJoel55
Cardinal Owners: 30QSBLE

cant recommend this park anylonger

Post by PapaJoel55 »

camp lord willing in monroe michigan was a real nice place until they hired a new assistant manager that has one thing on his mind MONEY.raised propane to $4.oo a gallon fulltimers now have to rent their tanks elec. use went down so now you pay for more.i ask about doing things for the kids and was told they arent there for kids just workers.leaving here in march and i wont go back again.i thought camping was for your family and thats how they advertise but thats not the way it is.
Joel and Toni
2008 30QSBLE
2008 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
R & D

Re: cant recommend this park anylonger

Post by R & D »

Well thank you for the heads up. We have quite a few members from Michigan and this maybe helpful to them and those of us that maybe passing thru. It is a shame that people like that give a nice cg a bad name.I would think that a full cg with reasonable prices is much better than empty ones with NO $$ coming in. So be it....the power of the internet is great! :thumbrt:
Chief409
Mojave Desert
Cardinal Owners: 2007 30WBLE

Post by Chief409 »

We've had a similar experience with a park we stayed at from shortly after it opened in 2003, until new owners bought it in 2007, in Gilroy, CA. It used to rate very well in the TL and Woodward's evals, now, IF it's still open, it's been at least 3 years since our last night there, it's a dump. It took less then a year to trash it. Garlic Farm RV Park.
Jeff & Terry
U.S.N. Ret
2012 F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 Diesel Dually, Crew Cab, LWB, 50 gal Transfer Flow toolbox/tank
2007 Cardinal 30WBLE, "the 'Bird", ONAN gen.
The more I see in my travels, the more I realize there is so much more to see.
bop11
Cardinal Owners: 2010 3150 RL
Skype ID: bill.bopra

Post by bop11 »

Papa Joel,

Sorry to hear about the new assistant. Maybe when the owners see that they are loosing thier core campers they will make a change. Hopefully that will happen before it's to late!

You gonna hit the road now or are you looking for a full time park?

Bill
Bill & Penny
2010 3150 RL "The Bucket List Inn
Nights out in 2013/67 and have put put 8566 miles on the Bucket List Inn
Nights out in 2014 63
Night out in 2015. 88
Nights out so far in 2016. 58
More fun to come!
honker

Post by honker »

bop11 wrote:Papa Joel,

Sorry to hear about the new assistant. Maybe when the owners see that they are loosing thier core campers they will make a change. Hopefully that will happen before it's to late!

You gonna hit the road now or are you looking for a full time park?

Bill
Maybe the owner doesn't know what a mess the asst. has made. Might be worth a letter to the owner before its too late to turn it around again. Worth a try if it was a favorite place. Just a thought :)
PapaJoel55
Cardinal Owners: 30QSBLE

Post by PapaJoel55 »

already tried to talk to the owners sister who is also a owner her commit was everybody needs to shut up because this is the way it is .as far as us we are waitng for me to recouperate from my surgery and we are headed to tenn. we bought a small house there to use as a home base and then we want to start traveiling some we have already talked to( future fulltimers )on here and have plans to meet with them this spring.i hope this place opens their eyes but i dont think so time will tell .when we first got here it was amazing the changes that had been made now this .for their sake i hope they learn fast.
Joel and Toni
2008 30QSBLE
2008 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
Travelers

Post by Travelers »

Thanks for the update Joel. I was going to go there in April for a couple of days. Guess I'll look elsewhere.