Campground Downturn

What's Your Favorite Campground? Need Information on Fuel Prices, Campground Ratings, Campgrounds available in the area you are traveling??? This is the place to look!!

Moderator: Olbird

ski boy
Cardinal Owners: Americana GS 38/39 RL3

Campground Downturn

Post by ski boy »

Here in British Columbia, Canada, there is, apparently, a concern about the greatly reduced number of tourist visits by our American friends. Our park owner (a prominent member of an RV park association) says that there is considerable worry about the lack of RVer's planning to visit this year. Numbers were down last year, but this year, the Canadian dollar is up (this morning) to $1.02 US. Some analysts are saying that it could be up to $1.10 by the summer! A U.S. dollar worth 90 cents Canadian plus high fuel costs would just about kill business from the U.S. for these campgounds. There's still lots of off-shore tourists but not too many of them bring RVs and tents! Add in border tie-ups, passports etc. and it's no wonder the park owners are worried. Hopefully everybody here stays in business...
2009 Americana GS 38/39
08 Dodge 3500 Dually, Stick, K&N Intake, South Bend clutch kit, Cummins, Quad Cab, 4x4, 20K Star Performance Hitch
snoking

Re: Campground Downturn

Post by snoking »

Well we could combined the countries, adding 9 english Provinces and the 3 territories to 50 states, we could call it North America. Then we would have Mexico, North America and Quebec in this region of the World! Solves a lot of problems on both sides of the current border!

And maybe we could get rid of pennies down here also, following your lead on that one.

Chris
Chief409
Mojave Desert
Cardinal Owners: 2007 30WBLE

Post by Chief409 »

That's quite a reversal in the exchange rate. The last time I was in Canada, years ago, I think it was $1.00 US = $.90 CAN. Of course the Japanese yen was 145 or so to $1.00 at one time too.
Jeff & Terry
U.S.N. Ret
2012 F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 Diesel Dually, Crew Cab, LWB, 50 gal Transfer Flow toolbox/tank
2007 Cardinal 30WBLE, "the 'Bird", ONAN gen.
The more I see in my travels, the more I realize there is so much more to see.
ski boy
Cardinal Owners: Americana GS 38/39 RL3

Post by ski boy »

I was in Myrtle Beach in Aug. '98. The Canadian dollar was worth 57 cents U.S. Business was worried about the lack of Canadian customers.
2009 Americana GS 38/39
08 Dodge 3500 Dually, Stick, K&N Intake, South Bend clutch kit, Cummins, Quad Cab, 4x4, 20K Star Performance Hitch
Jash
Cardinal Owners: John and Regina
2008 30 RKLE
2008 Chev LT DRW Diesel
JohnDeere 4710
CanAm 650 Mine
Forman 400 Hers

Post by Jash »

This must be the reason the Canadians have taken over the camp grounds in Florida. I called yesterday to make a reservation at a camp ground and the phone greeting was repeated in French.
John and Regina
Retired, USCG
2008 30RKLE
2008 Chev DRW
Nights camped in 2011 120 days
Nights camped in 2012 160
Nights camped in 2013 134
Nights camped in 2014 160
Nights camped in 2015 160
Nights camped in 2016 160
snoking

Post by snoking »

Jash wrote:This must be the reason the Canadians have taken over the camp grounds in Florida. I called yesterday to make a reservation at a camp ground and the phone greeting was repeated in French.
John I had a solution to that above. Chris