Pretty Low

What's Your Favorite Campground? Need Information on Fuel Prices, Campground Ratings, Campgrounds available in the area you are traveling??? This is the place to look!!

Moderator: Olbird

ski boy
Cardinal Owners: Americana GS 38/39 RL3

Pretty Low

Post by ski boy »

Having just finished a marathon trip through western Canada and mid-western US - a quick observation...I saw a beautiful Newell class A ($$$$) with a Lincoln Navigator on a trailer come into a KOA for the night after the office closed. While enjoying my first coffee early the next morning, I see this unit leaving (7:00 a.m. approx.) Found when I popped into the office a while later that the guy DID NOT pay for his site, 50amp, water and sewer (he was fully hooked up.) Proprietor told me this happens once or twice a week. The rest of the trip, I observed two other drive offs, both at KOA's - made it a point to ask. Apparently quite common, at least at this chain. Learn somethin' new every day...
2009 Americana GS 38/39
08 Dodge 3500 Dually, Stick, K&N Intake, South Bend clutch kit, Cummins, Quad Cab, 4x4, 20K Star Performance Hitch
honker

Re: Pretty Low

Post by honker »

We always stay at the same campground in Bishop, Ca when fishing, I have seen the same thing on several occasions. They have a mailbox for after hour deposits to be dropped into. Thest rooms have lock boxes on the doors, you get the code when you check in. One night a couple came to us while we were sitting outside and asked for the code so they could shower. I asked if they had dropped their payment in the box, when they said no I refused them the code. (Not very nice of me.) So they came back by to tell me they were going to drop the payment could I watch them and then give them the code, and showed me the check. LOL I think that's pretty low of people that do that too................... :)
WVcampers
Cardinal Owners: 2018 Cardinal 3250RL Luxury

Post by WVcampers »

We have a lot of State and National Forest campgrounds that are pay by honor system. They have envelopes to fill out and drop boxes for deposit. They will all take cash or checks. My favorite campground that I had been using for 30 years when I go trout fishing was closed last year. I believe because so many people did not pay. It is sad.
Randy & Carol
Elbie (weiner dog)
2018 Cardinal 3250 RLX Luxury Edition
2019 Ford F350 6.7PSD Lariat 4x4 SRW
Rob & Cathy

Post by Rob & Cathy »

ski boy wrote:I saw a beautiful Newell class A ($$$$) with a Lincoln Navigator on a trailer come into a KOA for the night after the office closed. Found when I popped into the office a while later that the guy DID NOT pay for his site, 50amp, water and sewer (he was fully hooked up.)
Probably got his money by cheating businesses and individuals all his life.

Rob
RV4Gene
Cardinal Owners: 2006 29RKLE

Post by RV4Gene »

We see that a lot at the campground in St. Regis, MT, too. Hubby and I usually stay up pretty late so sometimes will go over to "welcome" these guests and offer for them to come into the office to register, lol. Depending, of course, on how they look...some of them get away with it cause I want to be able to wake up in my Bird.
Merv & Lynn
2006 Cardinal 29RKLE
2003 Dodge Diesel 4x4

nights camped 2010: 126
nights camped 2011: 76
snoking

Post by snoking »

Must not be a Walmart in the area, that is where he normally stays! Chris
ski boy
Cardinal Owners: Americana GS 38/39 RL3

Post by ski boy »

For what it's worth - a Newell goes for at least 1.5 million and the Lincoln and trailer has got to be 75K...plus tax but who's counting...KOA fee 38 bucks
2009 Americana GS 38/39
08 Dodge 3500 Dually, Stick, K&N Intake, South Bend clutch kit, Cummins, Quad Cab, 4x4, 20K Star Performance Hitch
RV4Gene
Cardinal Owners: 2006 29RKLE

Post by RV4Gene »

No offense meant to anyone...but I have found, while working in a campground office, that the people with the big, expensive rigs, are often real skin flints and very demanding of everything for nothing.
Merv & Lynn
2006 Cardinal 29RKLE
2003 Dodge Diesel 4x4

nights camped 2010: 126
nights camped 2011: 76
Double D's
Cardinal Owners: 2013 3675 Cardinal 5th Wheel

Post by Double D's »

Merv, sounds like they think they are "Entitled"........
http://www.ddbalfanz.blogspot.com/

Double D's - Dennis and Donna

2013 Cardinal 3675- The "Double D Retreat"
Trail Air Pin Box and Suspension
2007 Chevy Dually 3500, Duramax
Rallies - 20
Days out in 2015- 145
Days out in 2014 - 71
Days out in 2013 - 187 Alaska