Poor Guest Service

What's Your Favorite Campground? Need Information on Fuel Prices, Campground Ratings, Campgrounds available in the area you are traveling??? This is the place to look!!

Moderator: Olbird

teallen
Cardinal Owners: 2012 3030
Skype ID: thomas.allen511

Re: Poor Guest Service

Post by teallen »

Mark, I went to RVParkreviews to see what others have said about the park. It was a mixed bag positive and negative.
One review was - "Upon arrival, very rude women in the office were belligerent about "not having a reservation". (sound familiar?)
Reference John's comment, another review said - "Well, watch out for the evening "Security Patrol" which show up several hours after we arrived"

But to be fair the most current post was - "Excellent park with excellent staff management. Folks are friendly and helpful." (staff member probably was someone else then the one that confronted Mark)

My recommendation to you Mark is to post your comments on this site, if they start getting more negative then positive that will affect their business. Maybe things will change. Also, try and contact the owners (if you can find out who they are - if it is that older lady who gave you a rough time then things probably won't change). Otherwise not a bad place for the rally.
Tom and Judy
2012 Cardinal 3030RS ("le Chateau")
2018 RAM 3500
9 grandkids (keeps us busy)
Rallys attended - 17
2019 Camping Days- 7
Camping Days - 2011 - 90, 2012 - 144, 2013 - 130, 2014 - 130, 2015 - 107
EAW
Cardinal Owners: 2005 Cardinal 31RKT
Skype ID: eaward49

Post by EAW »

Mark, great job of being the better person! Greg knew what happened because Vickie was probably bragging about how she had to straighten out a customer regarding the campground rules. She obviously does not belong in her position.

I agree that campgrounds should have rules, but five dollars per hour for early check-in is ridiculous and should be removed. The best thing about our rigs is the wheels that let us drive past the bad campgrounds. As posted earlier, word is out because the other campground was full.
Earnie, Penny, and Roxie
2005 Cardinal 31 RKT with many mods.
2020 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab Denali 4WD LB SWR w/DuraMax, 10spd Allison

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." Mark Twain
bfast54

Post by bfast54 »

Thanks all, I did indeed post a review , don't know if it will be "Approved"..................... I understand how some people feel I should take it all in stride...and I respect your feelings.......

But, on the other hand, With the way things are with tight money, limited time off for some people, I would prefer they know things aren't all rosey with this campground.

The reality is , when treated poorly, most people will just stew, and very few people will make a formal attempt to change things. I do not want someone to get "Fired:, if this is a isolated incident, I just would like the public to know about this.

(By the way, when I made the RSVP during the winter, Rick, who only handles winter things, said Vicki, would be handeling our event) I did not know , when I had the issue, the WOMAN in question, was Vicki.

The park is owned by "off-site" owners, signs posted all over the office, saying Refunds are handled by different people, etc...........................we have no control of refunds , etc..................
PapaJoel55
Cardinal Owners: 30QSBLE

Post by PapaJoel55 »

Mark i wouldnt be surprised if you find out that her and her husband (Rick) are the owners thats why she is still there after all the complaints they have gotten.i have seen this before in a campground.hope it doesnt happen to you again.
Joel
Joel and Toni
2008 30QSBLE
2008 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
bfast54

Post by bfast54 »

Very interesting.............They posted Toms review, of the campground .....(on campground reviews) linked to this post............................but not mine yet, and I submitted my review, at 5:00pm Monday. Hmmmmm..............
canman

Post by canman »

Mark,
I think you handled it waaayyy toooo nice. If it had of been me,,,,,as my wife puts it....my sarcasim 101 would of kicked in...and it probably would of gone down hill from there. I would of had to gone after that ones job,
Cool Move Of The Day Mark
dfredendall
Council, Moderator
Cardinal Owners: 2018 Cardinal 3350RLX- Luxury Edition

Post by dfredendall »

Mark, You are a true gentleman, and were totally trapped. I assume they already had all your money, and were not just holding spaces on a credit card. If they did not have my money I would have left and paid a farmer to camp in his pasture before I stayed there. You do not say what role or how Greg fit into their operation. I would have left cleat marks on chests getting to the top dog in that place. I'd not be proud of it, but enough is enough! I would still pursue it with the owners/management. She is obviously a relative, and won't be fired. As I get older, I find that I refuse too pay my good money to someone I have to fight with to get information and the service I am paying for. I certainly would not return and they would know why. Your group was 10% of their weekend business, such as it was. That was significant in most minds! I have left merchandise in carts and walked out of small and large businesses due to poor treatment. Where we live, we have many options for our travels and needs, so we choose not to patronize those who do not appreciate our business. I am seldom demanding, but I refuse to be dumped on either. RVers are still a great bunch of folks! I would never trade my experiences and travels for any other type of travel.
Last edited by dfredendall on Wed May 18, 2011 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dana & Cindy Fredendall
Highland, California
2018 3350RLX- Luxury Edition
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7 Diesel
There are great experiences and new friends everywhere we go!
bfast54

Post by bfast54 »

Actually Dana, we were closer to 30-40 % of their "weekend Business"...........because Tom, came in about a week early, and one or two came in wed, and FIVE, stayed till monday.

The campground had about ,maybe 20 rigs, for the wekend.(in addition to our 9 rigs)

You said the things I felt like saying, to Vicki......BUT, I was on vacation, and am the Wagon-Master ....for this GREAT group of R.V. ers. But, I hate like Heck to give my money, to someone who really does not care.

Like I said, I am pursue-ing this in a calm, but Thorough manner.
Mike Clay
Council, Administrator
Cardinal Owners: 2016 3850RL Estate
Skype ID: Mike-Clay

Post by Mike Clay »

Finally home and have good wifi. Wow Mark you did a great job I am afraid if that would have been me that #$%^& would have been in tears and I would not have a place to hold a rally :oops: I really do not understand why people like that are even allowed to deal with the public, great job and thank you for all of your hard work on putting the rally together.
Mike, Susanna & Rudy
2016 3850RL Estate "Proto Grigio"
2019 Silverado 3500HD Dually D/A 4x4 LTZ
My dreams are too big for my wallet
Rallies attended - 32

Nights camping in 2013:159 2014:269 2015:Full Timers
bfast54

Post by bfast54 »

Thanks Mike, :thumbrt: :thumbrt: A lot of my "Patience" comes from 28 years, explaning to "Someone" why we have the road blocked with a BIG FIRE TRUCK, (with flashing lights), Sherrifs Cars, Us standing in the pouring rain, blowing snow ............. and NO, THEY cannot go down there. (Sure, we will move it JUST for YOU) :))
Cardinal OHIO
Cardinal Owners: CAF29WB

Post by Cardinal OHIO »

Thank you so much for sharing this episode. This cg isn't all that far for us to do a weekend camp-out and I have considered it a few times, but the mixed reviews made me hesitate. Now I will definitely scratch that one off our list. We also use the park reviews to get an idea if we might like a park or not. Michigan is full of wonderful cg's and parks so I see no reason to give these people another chance. Rude behavior should not be acceptable.
Thank you again!
2004 Cardinal
2003 F350 King Ranch dually CC

Wayne & Paulette
Double D's
Cardinal Owners: 2013 3675 Cardinal 5th Wheel

Post by Double D's »

Cardinal OHIO: Hi, Folks and Welcome!
On the Park review sites: We have found that different people give different reviews, depending on their needs... For some of us, we like peace and quiet, prefer black top or concrete sites, but not totally against nicely graveled ones. For us, a playground is not a 'want' or even hot tub or pool, but for some people some of those things are a MUST HAVE! LOL! For some campgrounds, ease of getting on/off the interstate if it is just an over nighter, but if we are planning on being in an area and exploring, we like a bit nicer place.
So! We read reviews and then kind of filter out the 'did not like' ones to see just what their issues were. So Word of Mouth is the BEST way, imho, to find out what we need to know..

I am keeping a 'campground book', and have been doing that for many years - I get business cards when we get into a campground office, and explain just WHY I need one - that I keep a record and CRITIQUE each place we stay - and why it gets a good or bad mark in my book, and give my reasons - good mark for easy on/off for a one night stay, quietness of park, general appearance (not as important for overnight, IF the place looks safe and we will not be leaving the camper.) Also, whether the price is appropriate for area/amenities, etc. All of these notes are in the book (organized by State) and I put the notes just after each state... I just add more pages for more states, more sleeves for biz cards, etc. When I tell some of the campground office people just WHY I need the cards, some of them get the "Deer in the Headlights" look! LOL!! Then they ask how THEY rate and I TELL them.. lol!

This works for us, and that way if anyone asks where to stay in a certain area, we can "PASS THE WORD", which is to me, the BEST advertising! My small contribution might NOT mean much, but if enough people hear me, it MIGHT make a difference.

Sorry this is so long!!

P.S. What are your names? Easier to direct conversation to you, if we know you ! LOL! We are Donna and Dennis. Double D's
http://www.ddbalfanz.blogspot.com/

Double D's - Dennis and Donna

2013 Cardinal 3675- The "Double D Retreat"
Trail Air Pin Box and Suspension
2007 Chevy Dually 3500, Duramax
Rallies - 20
Days out in 2015- 145
Days out in 2014 - 71
Days out in 2013 - 187 Alaska
Cardinal OHIO
Cardinal Owners: CAF29WB

Post by Cardinal OHIO »

Keeping notes in a book is a very good idea. I'm not as methodical about it as you are, but I do keep campground maps of places we liked so we can remember which ones to visit again and I mark the sites that are to our liking, and I take pictures of these as well. So I think you are the person to contact if I have a campground question!!

Paulette (Wayne seldom uses the computer)
2004 Cardinal
2003 F350 King Ranch dually CC

Wayne & Paulette
Chief409
Mojave Desert
Cardinal Owners: 2007 30WBLE

Post by Chief409 »

Paulette, if you go to the User Control Panel, select the Profile tab, and then Edit Signature you can enter ALL the information you care to which will appear on each of your posts. :D
Jeff & Terry
U.S.N. Ret
2012 F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 Diesel Dually, Crew Cab, LWB, 50 gal Transfer Flow toolbox/tank
2007 Cardinal 30WBLE, "the 'Bird", ONAN gen.
The more I see in my travels, the more I realize there is so much more to see.
Double D's
Cardinal Owners: 2013 3675 Cardinal 5th Wheel

Post by Double D's »

LOL! Well, I can tell you about places all over Texas, and several around Florida. Or points to/from either! LOL!
Once you set up the initial book (which I purchased at a thrift store- an out of date Day Planner!), it is really VERY easy to update. Usually after dinner in the evening when we are traveling, I take about 10 minutes to add the newest card and notes into my book. I also make a note of the c.g.fee and year this is being added -and update THAT from one visit to the next. or any changes to the c.g. ie: whether it is more rundown, more has been added to upgrade the cg., friendliness of staff, etc. Pretty quick thing to add the info. Then it gets stored till the next evening.
Day planner type books are not very big, and can hold a lot of info - pages are easy to add, and the biz card sleeves are easily found in office supply stores.
Make it a FUN thing to do - I sat out in the camper with my music playing for a day or 2 and worked on it initially, and then it was a piece of CAKE!
Thanks for the name, Paulette! My hubby is not the computer person, either! LOL! See you somewhere down the road! d
http://www.ddbalfanz.blogspot.com/

Double D's - Dennis and Donna

2013 Cardinal 3675- The "Double D Retreat"
Trail Air Pin Box and Suspension
2007 Chevy Dually 3500, Duramax
Rallies - 20
Days out in 2015- 145
Days out in 2014 - 71
Days out in 2013 - 187 Alaska