Leaving for Canada

What's Your Favorite Campground? Need Information on Fuel Prices, Campground Ratings, Campgrounds available in the area you are traveling??? This is the place to look!!

Moderator: Olbird

pamela hannath

Leaving for Canada

Post by pamela hannath »

We are leaving for Canada in mid July, we have a few stops to make first but would love to have someone tell us about Calgary RV parks and around
Banff.
Chief409
Mojave Desert
Cardinal Owners: 2007 30WBLE

Re: Leaving for Canada

Post by Chief409 »

I've never visited this part of Canada, just British Colombia. However I sure one or two members should have some info, or can point you in the right direction. I do know passports are required to re-enter the U.S. now.
Jeff & Terry
U.S.N. Ret
2012 F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 Diesel Dually, Crew Cab, LWB, 50 gal Transfer Flow toolbox/tank
2007 Cardinal 30WBLE, "the 'Bird", ONAN gen.
The more I see in my travels, the more I realize there is so much more to see.
Rob & Cathy

Post by Rob & Cathy »

If you can get an Enhanced Drivers License (EDL) it's cheaper than a passport.

Rob
Torben

Post by Torben »

Pamela be sure to have reservations that time of year it's very busy. There is quite a few campgrounds around the Banff and Lake Louise area, I would recommend that your get a current Trailer Life Camping and RV parks book, beside all the USA campgrounds it also has Canadian campgrounds listed. :thumbrt:
Don Wilson
Region Leader Admin
Cardinal Owners: 2019 3350

Post by Don Wilson »

You might also check out the website rvparksreviews and select the Canadian flag and it will take you to Canada and then select Alberta or click on the link below.

http://www.rvparkreviews.com/regions/Alberta/

I have found it pretty reliable on most campgrounds.

Don
We don't know a stranger only friends we haven't met yet!

Don
2019 Cardinal 3350RLX Luxury Edition
2014 Dodge 3500 2WD DRW Long Bed

2023 Nights Camped 33
2022 Nights Camped 24
2021 Nights Camped 46

Rallies Attended - 50
Frog - 5
ski boy
Cardinal Owners: Americana GS 38/39 RL3

Post by ski boy »

I live in British Columbia in the fall and winter. I am through and around the Banff area very often. Like many big cities, RV park choices are limited around Calgary. The national parks require a pass to enter, even if you are not camping - the best deal is an annual pass if you're going to be in the parks for a few days (daily fee is expensive.) As other posters mention, make reservations before you go - Banff is one of the most popular parks in the world.
If you can't get a spot, try Spring Creek RV park in Canmore (five minutes from the park entrance and twelve minutes from the Banff town site.) It is OK for a base for seeing the sites (all hook-ups.) They were in the first stages of closing it and turning it into a condo development but it is still open and has beautiful views of the mountains - Canmore is a nice spot to visit and is much less busy than Banff...Kananaskis park and campgrounds are also close and less busy than Banff... PM me if you want more info.
2009 Americana GS 38/39
08 Dodge 3500 Dually, Stick, K&N Intake, South Bend clutch kit, Cummins, Quad Cab, 4x4, 20K Star Performance Hitch