Winter Plans

What's Your Favorite Campground? Need Information on Fuel Prices, Campground Ratings, Campgrounds available in the area you are traveling??? This is the place to look!!

Moderator: Olbird

snoking

Re: Winter Plans

Post by snoking »

Travelers wrote:
snoking wrote: Oh no! You will have to buy a RC race truck. They have a dirt track in the park there. We are much cleaner at Canyon Vistas as we have a paved oval track. Chris
Hmm! I got an couple of trucks and cars. Guess I should consider a stay at both. All are Nitro.
I believe both are 1/10 scale Electric. Canyon Vistas for sure. The Traxxas Rustle VXL is the most popular at out track. However I run a modified Losi Speed T with Castle Creations Sindwind ESC/4600 Motor. ESC is tunable on a computer with an interface cable.

I think the guys at Palm Creek run Rustlers also.

I also have an Axial AX10 rock crawler.

Chris
dfredendall
Council, Moderator
Cardinal Owners: 2018 Cardinal 3350RLX- Luxury Edition

Post by dfredendall »

In the Tucson area, try Gilbert Rey County Campground, in Tucson Mountain Park (Pima County). The have a nice campground that is frequented by snowbirds. It is spacious, but may have 14 day limits. They are friendly. It is west of Tucson, near the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum (a must see) and Old Tucson a movie studio/ranch (tourist attraction). If you go to the park, approach on McKinney Rd.from Ajo Hwy (rte 86) at the south end or town. Ajo Hwy exits I-19 just south of I-10. The road over Gates Pass heading west on Speedway Blvd. from I-10 is not acceptable for large trailers, and they have signs posted as such. Tight curves make travel for large rigs lively. I've travelled and enjoyed that area since the 60's. Winters are beautiful there. Look into Organ Pipe Cactus Natl. Monument south of Gila Bend too. Nice camping, beautiful area to visit.
Dana & Cindy Fredendall
Highland, California
2018 3350RLX- Luxury Edition
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7 Diesel
There are great experiences and new friends everywhere we go!
Chief409
Mojave Desert
Cardinal Owners: 2007 30WBLE

Post by Chief409 »

Travelers wrote:
snoking wrote: Oh no! You will have to buy a RC race truck. They have a dirt track in the park there. We are much cleaner at Canyon Vistas as we have a paved oval track. Chris
Hmm! I got an couple of trucks and cars. Guess I should consider a stay at both. All are Nitro.
I just picked up a nitro Monster 4X4 truck from the neighbor's son, who just graduated and is getting ready to go to school in Florida, after running electric trucks for years. So I'm getting set up for a trip to Tuscon. Or anywhere else with room to run this little bugger - darn it's fast!
Jeff & Terry
U.S.N. Ret
2012 F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 Diesel Dually, Crew Cab, LWB, 50 gal Transfer Flow toolbox/tank
2007 Cardinal 30WBLE, "the 'Bird", ONAN gen.
The more I see in my travels, the more I realize there is so much more to see.