Virginia campground recommendations

What's Your Favorite Campground? Need Information on Fuel Prices, Campground Ratings, Campgrounds available in the area you are traveling??? This is the place to look!!

Moderator: Olbird

Leonard Kulaszewicz

K
Cardinal Owners: 2010 Cardinal 3625RT Fifth Wheel
2007 F350 6.0 diesel,short bed

Virginia campground recommendations

Post by Leonard Kulaszewicz »

We will be spending a lot of time camping in Virginia because both of our daughters and their familes have moved there from Michigan. We are looking for a nice campground with full hook-ups that will accomodate my 39" Cardinal fifth wheel. We'd prefer a wide lot. I would also like wifi service if possible. The area that we are interested in is about 15-20 miles southwest of Washinhton D.C. A 45 minute drive away in either direcetion from this area would be fine. If anyone has camped in Northern Virginia and can recommend a big rig friendly campground, please post a response. Thank you very much
Leonard and Barbara
2010 3625 RT
2007 Ford 350 Diesel 4x4 Short bed
Flintstones

Re: Virginia campground recommendations

Post by Flintstones »

I remember Candy Hill and Country Waye out in that area, been to Fredricksburg KOA, it's small and nice and we were there three years ago with a 38 ft Cedar Creek. We like Cherry Hill RV Park in College Park MD for that area though. Headed there next Saturday.
dennis1949
Cardinal Owners: 2016. Blue Ridge 3045RL

Post by dennis1949 »

Try Fredericksburg KOA We have stayed there and liked the campground
Dennis Carpenter
2016. Blue Ridge 3045RL
2012 3/4 GMC Z71 truck
Decatur Al.
rlhedlund

Post by rlhedlund »

It may be a little bit further than you want to travel from DC, but the Shenandoah River State Park near Front Royal is very nice. The campground is new last year.