San Juan Bautista, CA

What's Your Favorite Campground? Need Information on Fuel Prices, Campground Ratings, Campgrounds available in the area you are traveling??? This is the place to look!!

Moderator: Olbird

Traveler II
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2008 30 TS
Skype ID: User name: janestonge46 (iChat only)
Skype name: jane-stonge

San Juan Bautista, CA

Post by Traveler II »

Looking for some suggestions on where to stay next winter when we visit family in Pacific Grove, CA. Last year we stayed at Marina Dunes in Marina, CA. Nice place but we were thinking this year staying at Betabel RV Park in San Juan Bautista, CA. Looks like a nice place but I’m a bit concerned how far a drive it will be to Pacific Grove. We will staying in the area for about 6 weeks. Another suggestions?
Jim & Jane
2014 Ford 350 King Ranch, Trailer Saver BD3 Air Hitch, IS Suspension, Disk Brakes
Nights camped in 2012: 142
Nights camped in 2013: 186
Nights camped in 2014: 185
Nights camped in 2015: 232
Nights camped in 2016: 165
Chief409
Mojave Desert
Cardinal Owners: 2007 30WBLE

Re: San Juan Bautista, CA

Post by Chief409 »

Checked on Laguna Seca Rec Area and the Monterey County Fairgrounds, both have 14 day limits. There's Moss Landing KOA, further north up the coast past Marina, for about the same daily rate as Marina. That's all the Trailer Life Directory lists close to Pacific Grove. Next is San Juan Batista.

There is a Military campground close to the fairgrounds, but, a 14 day limit, and you have to be eligible. Reservations required, taken four months in advance.

Jeff

PS: There are two parks east of Carmel, both with a Caution about a narrow one lane bridge, one has a additional caution about a narrow entrance with a steep ramp, neither park looks to be "Big Rig Friendly". They are Saddle Mountain Recreation Park and Carmel by the River RV Park.
Jeff & Terry
U.S.N. Ret
2012 F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 Diesel Dually, Crew Cab, LWB, 50 gal Transfer Flow toolbox/tank
2007 Cardinal 30WBLE, "the 'Bird", ONAN gen.
The more I see in my travels, the more I realize there is so much more to see.
mikenmarge

Post by mikenmarge »

We are going to be staying at Moss Landing KOA the end of Sept. We can let you know how it is. It's got a high rating and seems like it will be nice. Not sure abut the distance to your family.
Marge
Traveler II
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2008 30 TS
Skype ID: User name: janestonge46 (iChat only)
Skype name: jane-stonge

Post by Traveler II »

Last year we did check out several of your recommendations. I think you will love Moss Landing, nice little park. We had dinner at Phil's and it was outstanding.

Because we are going to be out there for about 6 weeks this year I was thinking it might be a bit warmer inland. San Juan Bautista looked like a good option, but driving on the 101 back and forth to Pacific Grove might be a hassle.

Thanks for all the suggestions.
Jim & Jane
2014 Ford 350 King Ranch, Trailer Saver BD3 Air Hitch, IS Suspension, Disk Brakes
Nights camped in 2012: 142
Nights camped in 2013: 186
Nights camped in 2014: 185
Nights camped in 2015: 232
Nights camped in 2016: 165