Catherine's Landing in Hot Springs, arkansas

What's Your Favorite Campground? Need Information on Fuel Prices, Campground Ratings, Campgrounds available in the area you are traveling??? This is the place to look!!

Moderator: Olbird

yellowbird

Catherine's Landing in Hot Springs, arkansas

Post by yellowbird »

Just came home from a week at Catherine's Landing in Hot Springs , Arkansas. It's a brand new park that just opened in April. It has beautiful facilities; all concrete pads and blacktop streets, pull thrus and back ins. Huge outdoor pavilion that seats up to 250 people. Great meeting room and kitchen for smaller groups. Right now the only problem I could find was the grass, or lack thereof. The manager told me that the grass just started growing a couple of weeks ago and they've been fighting the soil erosion and dirt on the concrete pads. But time will take care of that. There are about 20 lakeside sites and i highly reccommend them. They have an unusual phenomenon that shows up every afternoon. The weather was quite hot every day and we were sitting outside under our awning about 5:30 when a dense fog started to build over the lake water and then we felt a cool breeze ant the temp dropped about 10 degrees. The manager told us that lake Catherine was controlled by the power company and every afternoon they let cold water into the lake and that causes the cooling effect. All I know is that it works! Anyway, if you're looking for a 1st class park in the Arkansas area, put this one at the top of your list!
Traveler II
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2008 30 TS
Skype ID: User name: janestonge46 (iChat only)
Skype name: jane-stonge

Re: Catherine's Landing in Hot Springs, arkansas

Post by Traveler II »

Thanks for the suggeston, we get down to this area a couple of times a years to see family. Great to have a new place to check out.
Jim & Jane
2014 Ford 350 King Ranch, Trailer Saver BD3 Air Hitch, IS Suspension, Disk Brakes
Nights camped in 2012: 142
Nights camped in 2013: 186
Nights camped in 2014: 185
Nights camped in 2015: 232
Nights camped in 2016: 165