RV Park between Stockton & Bakersfield, CA

What's Your Favorite Campground? Need Information on Fuel Prices, Campground Ratings, Campgrounds available in the area you are traveling??? This is the place to look!!

Moderator: Olbird

mopar25
Cardinal Owners: 2007 31LE RKS Fifth Wheel

Re: RV Park between Stockton & Bakersfield, CA

Post by mopar25 »

Those prices I quoted $37 and $34,at Riverland, are the "off season" rates and they jump when summer comes. We have Good Sam to reduce this, plus with Passport America and Coast to Coast there is usually someplace to get a reduced rate when enroute to your destination. The trouble is the Coast to Coast are usually off your path and some of the PA parks are older and not desireable for a lot of people. I can put up with trains and highway noise for one night but not if you are in a park where you may have wandering people looking for whatever while you sleep. As a rule we don't park at Walmart, but 5 years ago we stayed overnight at Walmart in Manteca where the security truck, with flashing yellow light, came over and directed us as to where to park for the night. He even said that he was on duty all night and would ensure all would be ok. Never had this happen before or since.

There has been a lot of interesting and useful info on this subject.

Our plans call for us to hit Palm Springs area for 5 nights (Coast to Coast) then to El Centro to stay at the Rio Bend with friends (was there last year for 5 days) then over to Yuma, again to visit friends and see about glasses in Algodones, to Tucson for a week then to Mesa Regal for 5 weeks where a few more friends are staying. We only did a one month trip last year but this year will be two and hopefully I don't encounter snow again on our way Northbound up through Northern Calif. and Oregon. Even Washington and BC were hard hit with snow near the end of Feb last year so we are coming home at the end of March and hopefully this solves the snow problem. Last year we had to sit in the Orange Grove RV park in Bakersfield and extra 2days watching the internet and tv weather forecast's before we were able to drive N/B through blue skies.
2008 Ram 3500 SRW 4x4, 2007 31RKS
mikenmarge

Re: RV Park between Stockton & Bakersfield, CA

Post by mikenmarge »

I have a friend who lives in Chilliwack, BC. Her name is Louise Mathews. Some day we'd like to go visit the area. Hope you have a good winter here in the south.